Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

passfree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2014
Hi guys,

I just wanted to introduce this little app that my company just made. It is called Foobar (http://www.foobaz.io) and it is essentially what we call "code & run" programming environment for mac.

screen.001.png

What is it for you may ask?

Well if you have found yourself in situations where you want to quickly try out an idea, develop an algorithm or learn a new programming language, Foobar might be for you. The key selling point is that you can switch between different code templates, run them and get instant results. Results will appear on both the console and sometimes in the preview area depending on what coding environment was selected.

The tool supports apple script (with Javascript), python, perl, php, jQuery, CoffeeScript and Processing.js. We have plans to support Swift, Objective-C, Java, nodejs and others in the near future... perhaps in a month or so. We have some basic code templates but the intention is to add an extensive set of templates to get people started with no effort.

If you want to review the app for your own blogs, please ping me and I will arrange redeem codes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.