Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
Iphones are dominant at my job. If im correct 30 out of the 44 employees at my job has an iphone. What does it look like in your neck of the woods ?

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
I work in advertising for an Agency that does Google's online advertising and even with that being the case in a 60 person office probably 10 people use Android. The rest are on iPhone

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
There are nine people at my job (we're a small newspaper).

Six of us have iPhones.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Printing industry with 21 employed. 16 with iPhones. Ambulance services where I am employed, it is virtually all iPhone. To hard to get an accurate count as many of us work shift and do not see each other for weeks sometimes, but I would put it around the 80% mark or better.

Last edited:

BigInDallas

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2014
Connecticut
Iphones are dominant at my job. If im correct 30 out of the 44 employees at my job has an iphone. What does it look like in your neck of the woods ?

Did you really spend time counting what kind of phone people use. You have too much time on your hands. :p

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
If I had to guess, I'd say there's about a 60/40 split overall. Mostly iPhones. Could be closer to 70/30, but I don't pay terribly close attention. I just know that most people on company phones are using iPhone and that iOS is our corporate standard for mobile and tablet.

I work in marketing, btw.

That said, I still remember when my iPhone was the odd man out at work. With the original and the 3G, I spent more time handing it to people who wanted to look at it than I did using it if I was in a meeting that hadn't started yet and people saw my phone. This was through about the iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 era, when iPhone became dominant for enterprise use.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
As their personal phone probably 80% - as their work Cell - 0% company doesn't support/ allow them

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I work in a car dealership and we have 104 employees. Very difficult to sum up everyone but I would say its pretty evenly split off the top of my head with a slight advantage to iPhone.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
That said, I still remember when my iPhone was the odd man out at work. With the original and the 3G, I spent more time handing it to people who wanted to look at it than I did using it if I was in a meeting that hadn't started yet and people saw my phone. This was through about the iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 era, when iPhone became dominant for enterprise use.

I would say anyone who had an original can remember those days. Nobody else had one. I was the only one in my family who had an iPhone back then. Now all my siblings and even my dad has one.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I would say anyone who had an original can remember those days. Nobody else had one. I was the only one in my family who had an iPhone back then. Now all my siblings and even my dad has one.

I had one and my eldest son had one. He was 17 at the time, and I was 39. ;)

We had fun, since there were 2 of us in the same house. I'm glad he decided to spend his money on it instead of a PSP. In fact, I bought mine at the mall right after he'd bought a PSP and we went for dinner. He sat and thought and then said, "I think I should return this... I want an iPhone." :D

He still has his. It still works (though he's had a few others since and currently has a 6 plus). I unlocked mine and sold it for more than I paid for it.

It was a weird time. I felt like my poor iPhone was the village bicycle whenever I sat down pretty much anywhere. I'm not the type who likes much attention, so it was a bit weird. I do like talking to people, and talking about the iPhone and what it could do was quite fun, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.