Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheElf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Having upgraded to Yosemite, I've discovered that my Kodak (Hero2.2) multifunction printer (and scanner) is no longer recognised by my MBA.

Does anyone know of a generic driver for multifunction printers that would allow me to print and scan with my printer once again?

Might it perhaps be possible to add it as two separate devices — a printer and scanner?

Thank you very much!

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
Having upgraded to Yosemite, I've discovered that my Kodak (Hero2.2) multifunction printer (and scanner) is no longer recognised by my MBA.

Does anyone know of a generic driver for multifunction printers that would allow me to print and scan with my printer once again?

Might it perhaps be possible to add it as two separate devices — a printer and scanner?

Thank you very much!

How much effort have you put into troubleshooting? I wouldn't give up on a perfectly good piece of gear too quickly. In addition to deleting and reloading the printer in System Prefs, there are other things to try:

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49247/selected/true

TheElf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Thanks for the help, marzer. In typical fashion, it's now miraculously working. I reinstalled the drivers which seems to have done the trick*— I suppose there's a chance they were updated since I last tried. Glad to have it working again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.