Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Feb 1, 2002, 07:26 PM   #1
nicely
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to nicely
Question Analog input

Hey everyone...I am going to purchase a power mac after macworld ny this summer for video editing. I will usually shoot in mini DV, but when i need to, I want to be able to input analog video. What is the best solution? A card or a firewire device? Which card or device is best?

Thanks
nicely is offline   0
Old Feb 1, 2002, 08:16 PM   #2
Sratner
macrumors newbie

Analog in

in order to get analog in you have a few options. First, if you have a DV camera, it may accept analog input, therefore you could dub the analog over to DV, in most cases this is the best solution, because then you will have timecode for future use, Otherwise there are analog capture cards out there that i believe are a bit pricey, the intermediate option is to get a converter, like "Dazzle" it converts DV to analog and vice versa... and i believe Canopus has a similar product this will allow capture but again there will be no timecode that you could use later on.

hope this helps
Sratner is offline   0
Old Feb 1, 2002, 09:22 PM   #3
evanmarx
macrumors member

formac dv studio

I've used Formac's DV Studio ... it's great ... has analog/digital input/outputs (simultaneous monitor outpu), has a tv tuner included (watch tv onscreen) and the bigger version comes with a 40Gig harddisk to write video to ...

most of all ... it's macosx compatible ... u can dowanload the latest version of the software ...

http://www.formac.com/
Old Feb 1, 2002, 10:50 PM   #4
mymemory
Banned

Lightbulb Mmmm...

Depending of how much money you have and how little I know about the subject. I may sugest a miro motion DC50, it is a $1.500 or less. Or a Miro DC 30 plus for relative low end video (about $700). This last one is discontinued but I guss there is a fire wire interface with a firewire interface, audio and video analog i/o. For $700 too.

Check www.miro.com I guess.
mymemory is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion