Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sv3n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Örnsköldsvik, Sverige
I plan to buy a Bluetooth speaker in the near feature, and the Bose Soundlink Mini seems like a really great match for me. In my research, I noticed that the soundlink mini originally launched on July 1, 2013...which begs to question, is a refresh imminent?

Has anyone noticed a trend in the refresh cycle of the bose speaker lineup?

If there is a trend, can anyone offer any advice of whether it's a good time to buy a Soundlink Mini?

I would hate to go ahead and buy it, only for them to come out with a slimmer and sleeker model only a few short months later.

Thanks,

Sven

buckawheat

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
I have a Bose Soundlink Mini and it really is awesome compared to any other bluetooth speaker I've heard - I don't think you could go wrong with it or the UE Boom (I went Bose because I don't travel with it much and I like that the battery can be replaced some day - UE can't).

If they refresh, oh well but you could enjoy one of the top two Bluetooth speakers for the next six months (or 2 years - who knows?) or wait for an update that may or may not be a better product.

The common cons listed of the Bose is that it doesn't do phone calls (which I didn't want on a speaker) and that it is heavy. If those aren't problems, enjoy!

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I've got the mini, and the Soundlink II.

The only complaint that I have for the mini is that it seems bass heavy. Oh, and hilariously, neither the mini 'frame', or the base fit in the mini carry case. Other than that, the case is awesome. I'd recommend it. Keeps the charger, and a short AUX cable together. It is not padded...

The Soundlink II was discontinued. I have no knowledge of the Soundlink III. I do find the Soundlink II has slightly better sound, but its size is rather awkward to travel with.

I do have one of the Jawbone speakers, not the new thin one, and the sound is definitely deficient. It works for noisy environments. The Soundlink mini is better IMO than the large Jawbone, and the smaller JBL speaker.

It's still a good choice in my book...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.