Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psycho3764

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I recently bought my wife an iPad Air 2, but finding a case she likes has been tricky.
She basically wants an iPad case similar to the Portenza Alani wallet case for the iPhone.
Has anyone seen an iPad case that has a separate shell case that can be removed from a bigger almost binder type of case? She wants to be able to carry the iPad around with in a notebook type thing where she can keep some work documents , but also be able to remove the iPad from it when she needs to pull it out separately.
I know this is a different type of setup, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask around. Thanks for any help you guys have!

PrincessV

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
I recently bought my wife an iPad Air 2, but finding a case she likes has been tricky.
She basically wants an iPad case similar to the Portenza Alani wallet case for the iPhone.
Has anyone seen an iPad case that has a separate shell case that can be removed from a bigger almost binder type of case? She wants to be able to carry the iPad around with in a notebook type thing where she can keep some work documents , but also be able to remove the iPad from it when she needs to pull it out separately.
I know this is a different type of setup, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask around. Thanks for any help you guys have!

Have you looked at the new design from Booq for the Air 2? While it does not have "book" appearance, it does include a notepad & a couple of slots for pad & paper. Also, the iPad can be removed from the case.

http://www.booqbags.com/us/folios/booqpad-for-ipad-air-2/BPD6-GRY

Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.