Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

commbubba19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
So since updating my Sprint iPhone 5s to iOS 8, i've been having this random issue with iMessage.

Randomly when messaging my wife's iPhone, the iMessage will fail to send. However, it will not auto retry as SMS. Even hours later. I have to manually select the message and choose to send it as an SMS message which goes through just fine. Any subsequent iMessage after the SMS message is sent goes through just fine. If my wife sends me an iMessage after my message fails to send all subsequent messages go through just fine.

My wife does not have this issue with her iPhone. I only have the issue with her iPhone.

I have gone through Apple support and went through all the troubleshooting steps and yet the problem still occurs. This is quiet frustrating when I need to send a time sensitive message and find out it never went through.

Any suggestions?

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
don't have any suggestions but you're not alone. I have the same problem. Randomly iMessage will not send. But only to one person. any attempts at retrying don't even act like they attempt to resend unless i select resend as SMS. after i do that, or get a message from someone, it'll work. toggling iMessage off/on will also get it to work.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
That sometimes happens to me to and i have at&t. I just ignore it and hope it sends, but now it comes once every month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.