Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Is there any tweak to hide or delete any updates available in the app store? I have an update available in the app store for a certain app that I want to delete or hide showing up in the updated tab. TIA

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Is there any tweak to hide or delete any updates available in the app store? I have an update available in the app store for a certain app that I want to delete or hide showing up in the updated tab. TIA

Buy the App, then you don't have to worry about it, hehe.

But seriously, if you install an app through a non-Apple App Store, it's going to show up as an update that you can't update when a new version comes out.

The only way around this right now is to delete the app, then reinstall the current\latest version through that third-party app store.

There used to be a tweak called ASUupdatehider which worked great to just swipe to hide an app update, but that no longer exists. Also, I believe going in and deleting the metadata.plist file may take the update out but not sure. Applinks hasn't been updated for iOS 8 which is the only real easy way to find which app is which directory.

It's against the rules to discuss piracy on here, so hopefully my answers have been generic enough to comply with the terms, but if not, feel free to delete my comment.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
^
|
Assuming much? How about those apps that you don't like the changes made in latest version?

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Shenan...since you seem to assume that I perhaps pirate apps, I'm gonna assume you are nothing but a low life, but hey what do I know.

As eelw mentioned, that latest update on one of my apps blocks viewing offline (PROTUBE).

Deetlebug89

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
If you already own the app then delete it from springboard, then use app cake to download the version you would like.. Before installing the app from app cake go to settings (in the app cake app) and hit toggle to remove meta-data and itunes will not see the app or will your app store

Last edited:

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Can't you just go to the Notification settings in the settings app, find App Store, and turn off Badge App Icon? It doesn't hide the update within the app store per se, but it does get rid of the notification bubble.

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008

Are you talking about directly on your phone, or are you talking about showing up in your PC/Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.