Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Epsilon0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
I have 3 devices, each with their own apple ID/iCloud account. There are 2 iphones and an iPad.
I am not sure how but there has been some 'cross talk' with the device association.

If I log into iCloud.com and look in the iCloud Settings I have the following devices appearing in 'My Devices' for each account

Apple ID A for Phone 1:
Phone 1
iPad (should not be here)

Apple ID B for Phone 2:
Phone 2

Apple ID C for iPad:
iPad
Phone 2 (should not be here)

At this stage it is important to note that the incorrectly associated devices do not show in Find My iPhone, they only show in My Devices.

Essentially, 2 out of the 3 devices are linked to 2 iCloud accounts. Due to this they are exhibiting odd behaviour. If I am sent a calendar share invite to Apple ID A then it pops up on the iPad and Phone 1. Oddly, if it is sent to Apple ID C, then it isn't sent to iPhone 2. However, iPhone 2 does have contacts from the iPad pushed to it. There are no messages being sent to the wrong place or any other icloud related sync, just certain things and only in certain directions.

I cannot seem to find a way to remove or unlink the devices that should not be linked from the iCloud ID. There is no way to delete associations on the My Devices page. I don't really wish to do full wipes of each device and I am not even convinced that this will even work as the association are only partial.

Logging in and out of iCloud in all locations has also made not difference.

Any ideas as to how to remove devices from the My Devices list?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.