Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

work3d

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2015
London
6+ user here, I want to keep my expensive phablet in as good condition as possible. Naked really isn't an option as the phone is just far to smooth and slippy.

But cases take away from phones thiness and good looking form. So I'm stuck between a case and a full body invisible shield.

Haaalp.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
6+ user here, I want to keep my expensive phablet in as good condition as possible. Naked really isn't an option as the phone is just far to smooth and slippy.

But cases take away from phones thiness and good looking form. So I'm stuck between a case and a full body invisible shield.

Haaalp.

A bodyshield is cool but I never have ran one. There are many slim cases out here that doesn't really take away from the slim profile of the device. Do you have Apple Care? I know that's something big that relies on whether you get a case or not. I keep a decent case on mine that's not too big but keeps the phone somewhat slim. I like my phones in mint condition when it comes time to sell it when the new iPhone comes out. Just depends on your every day setting as well. Are you working outside or in an office? I know I work a office job so my phone is never anywhere crazy but for those nights where I have a little too many drinks is where the case comes in! lol.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Just a reminder that the skin won't protect you from dents and/or falls. Tried this with my IP5 but pretty much useless when you drop the phone. I ended using a case again till I got rid of the phone.

But if you plan to go naked, get AppleCare. I still have 30 days to decide in my case :) hehe

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
We can't help you. You have to determine which is the bigger priority for you and decide accordingly.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
I actually bought both but haven't had a chance to install the BSE matte protector.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
I definitely prefer the ip6 naked and so far I've had absolutely no issues with dropping it. That said, "naked to me means Zagg tempered glass on the front and the Zagg invisible shield on the back- THE INVISIBLE SHIELD ADDS A TON OF GRIP TO THE PHONE. If I had only the front glass it would still be way too slippery. I do have the apple leather case for when I'm at home and my kids are wrecking the place and might get to it, but even with the slim apple case, can't stand a case on this thing.so I just use the Sena leather sleeve when I need some protection when carrying it around like in my pocket in case it slips out. But so far so good. Worse case scenario you do drop it and it gets all scratched up but at least with the glass screen protector you're protected from the worst of worries. I doubted the glass protectors but my wife and I each once have dropped right on the screen on uneven terrain and thought for sure the screens were gone but only the glass screen protector shattered and the screen was untouched. I'll never have a phone without the tempered glass on the screen.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I definitely prefer the ip6 naked and so far I've had absolutely no issues with dropping it. That said, "naked to me means Zagg tempered glass on the front and the Zagg invisible shield on the back- THE INVISIBLE SHIELD ADDS A TON OF GRIP TO THE PHONE. If I had only the front glass it would still be way too slippery. I do have the apple leather case for when I'm at home and my kids are wrecking the place and might get to it, but even with the slim apple case, can't stand a case on this thing.so I just use the Sena leather sleeve when I need some protection when carrying it around like in my pocket in case it slips out. But so far so good. Worse case scenario you do drop it and it gets all scratched up but at least with the glass screen protector you're protected from the worst of worries. I doubted the glass protectors but my wife and I each once have dropped right on the screen on uneven terrain and thought for sure the screens were gone but only the glass screen protector shattered and the screen was untouched. I'll never have a phone without the tempered glass on the screen.

[url=http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/stcizzle/9F10A256-A8E4-440B-9C5E-6040F9AA53F8_zpsg28zddkv.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/stcizzle/685BCAB5-87AD-4B6E-88D8-85A9C25C5976_zpsgf4eekmv.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/stcizzle/2B17ECB3-91C4-4EE8-9DD7-3D6F5CED38C5_zpsfy97xk7a.jpg]Image[/URL]

Hahaha! We had a convo recently about the Apple/Sena case and now it turns out we also run with the same rear protector. You're my kind of guy Stcizzle!

work3d

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2015
London
So i went for a d-brand wrap for the back and will purchase an invisble shield for the front. I never drop my phone with the case as it provides grip, so hopefully the d-brand and the invisible shield will do the same.

I'm with 02 so I'm going to sell my phone in September pay off the exisiting handset cost and upgrade to the 6S. Keeping the phone is perfect condition is always top priority! And yes i do have apple care. I've never broke an iPhone but my finance was adament that i bought it for my phone.

Only thing I'm regretting now is getting the space grey. I should have gotten the white and silver!

Thanks for your help guys!

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA

[url=http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/stcizzle/9F10A256-A8E4-440B-9C5E-6040F9AA53F8_zpsg28zddkv.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/stcizzle/685BCAB5-87AD-4B6E-88D8-85A9C25C5976_zpsgf4eekmv.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/stcizzle/2B17ECB3-91C4-4EE8-9DD7-3D6F5CED38C5_zpsfy97xk7a.jpg]Image[/URL]

What type of film do you use for the back? I checked and zagg only sells the invisible shield for the front, not the back. I haven't had much luck finding something for the back. I used a similar setup on my old 4S and went caseless.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
What type of film do you use for the back? I checked and zagg only sells the invisible shield for the front, not the back. I haven't had much luck finding something for the back. I used a similar setup on my old 4S and went caseless.

Not sure of the exact name of it but im assuming it's a Zagg as they did it at the Zagg booth at the mall which is right outside the Apple Store where I'm at which is nice but it's identical to every other non-glass Zagg product I've had so I think it's gotta be a Zagg.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
Hahaha! We had a convo recently about the Apple/Sena case and now it turns out we also run with the same rear protector. You're my kind of guy Stcizzle!

LOL!? You know though, I recently picked up an additional case, an Incipio DualPro Hard case for when I need more protection/vacations etc, and I was super surprised at how much better I like this thing than anything else. Check it out. I posted some pics in the "best overall case" thread if interested.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
LOL!? You know though, I recently picked up an additional case, an Incipio DualPro Hard case for when I need more protection/vacations etc, and I was super surprised at how much better I like this thing than anything else. Check it out. I posted some pics in the "best overall case" thread if interested.

Not to high jack the thread or anything but I also used the DualPro Shine, and it's an overall solid case. Very difficult to remove though.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

That Incipio is a nice looking case!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.