Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CairnsRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Toronto
iPad Air 2 currently $499 in US and $539 in Canada.
At current exchange of .81 it should be $616 in Canada.
If the forecasts of .75 by June are true that equates to $665 in Canada.
I would expect Apple to make a price increase in Canada sooner rather than later.
I just ordered my new Air 2.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
They don't tend to change the prices of things all that often as the dollar fluctuates.

You're right though that it the dollar keeps dropping as it is, prices of things like Apple products will go up.

LessO2

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
I'm an American who is going up to Canuckistan next week, thinking about buying an iPad Air2 up there.

I'm going to get a wi-fi only version. Is there any reason I couldn't or shouldn't do this?

CairnsRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Toronto
I'm an American who is going up to Canuckistan next week, thinking about buying an iPad Air2 up there.

I'm going to get a wi-fi only version. Is there any reason I couldn't or shouldn't do this?

Should be a great deal for you $539 x .81 = $437us. Plus sales tax. In Ontario it's 13%. No other reason that I know of.

LessO2

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Should be a great deal for you $539 x .81 = $437us. Plus sales tax. In Ontario it's 13%. No other reason that I know of.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if i can get a tax refund too. Going to be in BC and SK....That's another question since BC doesn't have HST, and SK does....what's the better deal if I can get a refund. Revenue Canada website not helpful with that.

But as far as technical aspect, and since I'm going wifi only, there shouldn't be any problems, right?

GBNova

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if i can get a tax refund too. Going to be in BC and SK....That's another question since BC doesn't have HST, and SK does....what's the better deal if I can get a refund. Revenue Canada website not helpful with that.

But as far as technical aspect, and since I'm going wifi only, there shouldn't be any problems, right?

Do you get a US warranty with Apple products bought in Canada or would you have to ship it to Canada if you needed repairs?

CairnsRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Toronto

You are correct.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007

Best Buy has the Air 2 on sale, don't know when it will end. $50 off the 16/64 and $100 off the 128GB

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Best Buy has the Air 2 on sale, don't know when it will end. $50 off the 16/64 and $100 off the 128GB

It ends today. It's a 2 day sale, which says so on the website. Great deal for the 128gb!! I used the 10% off mover's coupon on the 128gb sale price today of $599, and the total came out to $591 including taxes. :D

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
They don't tend to change the prices of things all that often as the dollar fluctuates.

Retailers are fairly quick to jack up prices when the dollar is low, but extremely slow to lower them when the dollar is high.

Apple just increased prices about 20% across the board on the App Store, so it stands to reason they'll up them on physical goods too, and sooner rather than later.

LessO2

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
It ends today. It's a 2 day sale, which says so on the website. Great deal for the 128gb!! I used the 10% off mover's coupon on the 128gb sale price today of $599, and the total came out to $591 including taxes. :D

Dangit....not going up there until Thursday night. Oh well, the exchange rate will help and I'm still trying to figure out if I can get an HST refund.

LessO2

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Went to Costco in SK, got the iPad Air 2 128 SG Wi-Fi for $652 USD, including taxes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.