Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
When I went from my iPhone 4 to my 5, it took a few days to adjust to the new phone's size. I really want the large screen and the battery life of the 6 Plus. So my question is to 6 Plus users who were in the same boat as me (apprehensive about the size) - Do you eventually just get used to it to the point where you don't even notice it anymore?

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Initially, when I first saw it in-store at Apple, it was too big. Since I had 3 weeks to try it out due to the extended holiday return policy, I never once debated on the 6. I did however, during that period, exchange my T-Mo 6+ for a Sim-Free version. I'm very happy with it.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
When I went from my iPhone 4 to my 5, it took a few days to adjust to the new phone's size. I really want the large screen and the battery life of the 6 Plus. So my question is to 6 Plus users who were in the same boat as me (apprehensive about the size) - Do you eventually just get used to it to the point where you don't even notice it anymore?

I went from a 5s to a 6 and 6+ and love the 6+ far better.

You'll get used to it. Now my 5s seems comically tiny.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Took me about a day to get used to the size of the 6+, but I love it now. I have a 6 as my work phone and it feels very small compared to the 6+.

loveleelatina

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
I cant say I got use to it while in my hand, it did get better but always felt too wide. I def couldnt get use to the portability of the phone. So after 2 months i switched to the 6 and have zero regrets. The main concern I had was the difference in battery life and im glad that my 6 gets me thru the day...thats really all I need being that I plug my phone to charge every night

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It has taken me a couple of months to get used to the size, and mainly the weight. It comes though!

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
You get used to it. After having one for about 3 weeks I'd say that the "huge" factor has worn off and I can use it just like I used to use my 5S and 6 for everything except running. I'm still trying to figure out the best way around that one.

AppleGuruOne

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2015
Yes, you will get used to it. After a couple of weeks it will begin to feel "just right." Any other iPhone at that point will feel small to you and unnatural.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010

Here's a thread that's duplicate to the one you started, loaded with responses.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1835253/

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
The 6 Plus actually feels kind of small to me now after using it for a few months. I wouldn't mind it a bit bigger. :cool:

That's precisely why I just love the comfortable ergonomics and gorgeous large 6.0" display on my Nexus 6.

Interestingly, my 5'3" girlfriend also loves the Nexus 6 I bought her upon request, a tech engineer like myself she too carries both an iPhone 6 Plus along with her Nexus 6.

Complimentary platforms keep us up to date with the latest on each of them. :)

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
That's precisely why I just love the comfortable ergonomics and gorgeous large 6.0" display on my Nexus 6.

Interestingly, my 5'3" girlfriend also loves the Nexus 6 I bought her upon request, a tech engineer like myself she too carries both an iPhone 6 Plus along with her Nexus 6.

Complimentary platforms keep us up to date with the latest on each of them. :)

I had a Nexus 6 and really wanted to keep it to complement my iPhone 6 Plus but just returned it. I always need to have an Android phone to go along with my iPhone so I'm shopping right now for my next Android phone.

I liked the Nexus 6 but I didn't $700 like it.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I was fully acclimated in about 18.5 seconds... :)

I don't know how you can say that. The iPhone 5/5S, despite being larger, was soooo much lighter than the iPhone 4/4S.
Then we have the 6+, which is not only much bigger but also much heavier. Holding it and using it is one thing, but the size and weight in your pockets is a different matter entirely. Not only will it not fit in pockets where the iPhone 5 once did, it also weighs other pockets down and makes your clothes hang funny.
Then there's the issue of 'bendgate' when using trouser pockets, that's if you have pockets big enough in the first place.

So for me the issue isn't about useability, but portability and pocketability. It is this area which takes some adjusting to, and I wasn't comfortable with lugging my 6+ around for a good month or more. Then of course, like anything, a habit forms and it becomes the new norm.

Jzo

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Yes. I am used to the 6 Plus now. So much that everything 5s or lower seems small, like a little baby toy or something.

(Not to say those products aren't quite awesome too.)

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Just how much better is the 6+ then the 6?

I can not imagine just how much more battery life the 6+ has over the 6? Does anyone know

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Just how much better is the 6+ then the 6?

I can not imagine just how much more battery life the 6+ has over the 6? Does anyone know

It all depends on your usage but I would say an extra couple of hours on average. I get around 10.5 hours of use from mine when my old iPhone 5 out of the box (iOS6) gave 8.5-9 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.