Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
You think Apple will ever update the iPad to at least the same amount of icons on a page compared to the latest iphone. Makes no sense how a 9,7 inch screen has less icons compared to a 4,7 screen.

Chad-VI

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2014
I thought about the same thing when I saw the 6. I don't think Apple will give the iPad more rows, though, since the icons would look small and awkward.:D

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I agree-it makes no sense to give every app such a large area. The fact that you can put 5 in the "dock" row makes this obvious. Having to swipe between pages and creating app "folders" are both things that slow down the iPad interface. Having the option to put 35 apps on the screen instead of 25 would be a big improvement. 7 rows of 5 icons(including the dock row)

I guess it's a design issue-although I think it would also look better if apps were packed in a little tighter.

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
I was pretty disappointed they didn't also add the extra keyboard keys the 6+ got. Seems to me like they're deliberately holding the iPad back on features so they have something new to offer on the iPad+.

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
You think Apple will ever update the iPad to at least the same amount of icons on a page compared to the latest iphone. Makes no sense how a 9,7 inch screen has less icons compared to a 4,7 screen.

That's iOS for you. It's not that the iPad has just a larger version of the iPhone's iOS; no, now the iPad has an outdated version of the iPhone's iOS. It's easy to see why iPad sales are not so good right now. :mad::rolleyes:

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
I was pretty disappointed they didn't also add the extra keyboard keys the 6+ got. Seems to me like they're deliberately holding the iPad back on features so they have something new to offer on the iPad+.

I was thinking this as well.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

I'm not really that caught up over three more icons, but that's just me.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
I'm not really that caught up over three more icons, but that's just me.

It was just a question. The reason why I'd like for them to be the same is that I like having one page on my home screen and keep the apps on the same location on both devices. It makes it easier for me to just pick it up and get to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.