Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bookwormsy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
So on my MacBook, I've noticed that there's a faint purple discoloration in the middle of the screen. It's not a GPU issue; i'm pretty sure it's an LCD issue. It's a horizontal purple line going from about 4 inches from the left to 2 rights from the right, and it's about 3 inches from the top. It also juts down about an inch about an inch from the middle of the screen (still coming from the line).

What's causing it? Can I fix it? It's not super noticeable except when I'm watching a video. But it's still annoying.

Raunien

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2011
So on my MacBook, I've noticed that there's a faint purple discoloration in the middle of the screen. It's not a GPU issue; i'm pretty sure it's an LCD issue. It's a horizontal purple line going from about 4 inches from the left to 2 rights from the right, and it's about 3 inches from the top. It also juts down about an inch about an inch from the middle of the screen (still coming from the line).

What's causing it? Can I fix it? It's not super noticeable except when I'm watching a video. But it's still annoying.

Could you post a picture of the issue?

bookwormsy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010

Attachments

• IMG_20150127_104125496.jpg
    IMG_20150127_104125496.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2,450

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Are you sure that isn't just oil or marks from the keyboard? Try cleaning the screen. It doesn't look like the screen is on in that picture.

bookwormsy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Are you sure that isn't just oil or marks from the keyboard? Try cleaning the screen. It doesn't look like the screen is on in that picture.

It's definitely the LCD. The screen is on, but with all black pixels. The issue only shows up when it's a dark background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.