Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Says I need 4.8 GB space, I have no music, rarely any pics on my air...

how can I clear space?

Wreckus

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Delete any apps that are taking a lot of space. MS Office and any high end games (diablo III, etc) take a bit of space. Also, delete your trash in mail.

If your reinstalling Mavericks, go into repair/restore at boot and just erase the partition and/or reformat it. It should get mavericks via the internet after that (unless you have it on a USB stick). Believe its Option + R or Command + R when you boot up the mac.

Wreckus

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have no games.

lol

All Mail deleted.

Hmm. I'd do the internet recovery feature and just go into disk utilities before you click install/setup and just erase & format the partition. If you have an older macbook, you have have the install the OS X that came with that macbook before you can install mavericks. But its probably the least frustrating way to install mavericks.

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Delete any apps that are taking a lot of space. MS Office and any high end games (diablo III, etc) take a bit of space. Also, delete your trash in mail.

If your reinstalling Mavericks, go into repair/restore at boot and just erase the partition and/or reformat it. It should get mavericks via the internet after that (unless you have it on a USB stick). Believe its Option + R or Command + R when you boot up the mac.

It's terrible advice to tell somebody to just start deleting apps with no idea how big the apps are or what other files are on the drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.