Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Frustrated here. I go to an office tower twice a week, and usually connect to a WiFi public network (in the veranda/conference rooms). No PW required. No "I agree ...). Phone, laptop, iPad connect automatically as you enter.

For a while though, nothing on the iPad. Haven't changed any settings. MBA and colleagues' iPads/iPhones all connect as usual. Only mine is problematic. Can see the signal in WiFi Settings, but just hangs and dismiss. And my iPad works everywhere else.

I have:
Reset iPad
Forget Network
Turn off (back on) Wifi Networking in Settings
Reset network settings

Probably can't go to the IT department of the building (or can I?), and explain to them only I has an issue.

I know they made some changes in private lounges on different floors a couple of weeks back - adding PWs. And since then, nothing WiFi working on my iPad only. Weird. Maybe something technical here that I can't understand.

Is the issue on my side? Remember, everywhere else, my iPad works perfectly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Hate to say it but it sounds like you've done everything that we would suggest, unfortunately. Forgetting a network usually takes care of changes that they make on various networks so I don't get whay you are still having trouble.

I'd it were me, I'd actually try the building IT dept. what you are saying doesn't make any sense if you truly did allow the resets and forgets.

???????

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
First, thks for your reply s2mikey. Your '???????' and 'doesn't make any sense' is THE reason I'm totally frustrated. Think it makes sense to me??????? Everybody at that office blames my iPad. No way! Your reply confirms that i've done everything right to correct the situation. Last recourse, IT dpt. Then again, expect them to point finger at MY hardware ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.