Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshannon01

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Southwest
How do I find out exactly what is downloading on my ipad mini?

As soon as wifi is turned on it is downloading and making the device unusable. I have a slow dsl connection and want to stop whatever is downloading. I have been through every setting to try and stop it but it wont stop.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
How do I find out exactly what is downloading on my ipad mini?

As soon as wifi is turned on it is downloading and making the device unusable. I have a slow dsl connection and want to stop whatever is downloading. I have been through every setting to try and stop it but it wont stop.
What makes you think it's downloading something? What app are you referring to?

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
This should help "https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6036242"

"If restart and reset don't solve this problem then something must be being started when your iPhone starts up that cannot complete.

You might consider restoring your iPhone to Factory via iTunes."

jshannon01

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Southwest

Because the modem lights indicate it is downloading and other pages won't load.

What makes you think it's downloading something? What app are you referring to?

----------

I think it is autoupdating something but I need an app or setting that allows me to know exactly what processes are going on.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

----------

I think it is autoupdating something but I need an app or setting that allows me to know exactly what processes are going on.

How many apps do you have on your iPad?

The only way to find the culprit might be to open each app and check to see if it's downloading something.

jshannon01

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Southwest
Night Spring, not many...less than 20. I hardly use it. My best guess is it may be downloading iOS 8 even though it does not say it is on the update page. Been there, seen that. I will take it to work and let it finish downloading on a fast dsl line.

How many apps do you have on your iPad?

The only way to find the culprit might be to open each app and check to see if it's downloading something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.