Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawnpuerto

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2014
For me- The Conjuring (2013). I don't think anything has ever had such an effect on me. What about you guys?

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I know people either were scared out of their mind or totally thought it was awful, but my scariest is The Blair Witch Project.

I remember seeing either an 11pm or Midnight showing in NYC and was never so happy to see so many people on the subway ride home after.

shawnpuerto

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2014
I know people either were scared out of their mind or totally thought it was awful, but my scariest is The Blair Witch Project.

I remember seeing either an 11pm or Midnight showing in NYC and was never so happy to see so many people on the subway ride home after.

from a time movies still scared me : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

Both great movies... I remember seeing the Blair Witch Project alone in my basement at night with the lights out. Yikes

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
I just dont find scary movies well urm scary, if I had to pick one it would be Angel Heart for its 'creepy' value

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I can't say that I've ever been scared by any movie or show.
I think real life is pretty scary.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States

I never understood how anyone could find the Blair witch project scary. It was one of the worst movies I ever saw.

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Dont like scary movies or horror movies. I just dont find them to be "entertainment" in the same way a good action movie or comedy romance movie is.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I don't t know if I can still be scared . As a child The Thing From Outer Space and Caltiki, the Immortal Monster, watched both with a coat over my head (my horror comforter). ;)

Scary and I got motion sickness too!

from a time movies still scared me : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

Really? Your gonna make me click the link? :p Not as scary as tense, very tense and one of my favorite monster movies.

Mary Poppins

Scarred as a child when I heard Mary had cooked and eaten children under her care... :p

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I say this as an 8 year old with a very overactive imagination.

I thought that most scary movies I saw growing up were funny more than scary.

Jason Vorhees? He killed, but there was a method to his madness.
Michael Myers? He just killed, and killed and killed. Hack slash.
Leatherface? I saw him as the poster boy for Accupuncture.
Freddie Kreuger? At least he cracked bad jokes while killing you. That's was what got me, and made most of those movies funny.

And while I saw a very small part of Christine, the part I saw was scary, but not the scariest that I had seen.

For me, it had to be Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Yes, Star Trek. That thing coming out of Chekov's ear had me running to the bathroom to lose what little I had in my stomach..

.. But it was how haunting Scotty's bagpipe rendition of Amazing Grace that scared the crap out of me, because I saw it on a Sunday night, barely one light on, in the basement of my house, where every shadow was of something ominous.

Bedtime for me was 8:30, so I was not only restless and scared off my gourd from that bug and pipes, but slept with that proverbial one eye open the entire night.

So yeah.. ST: Wrath of Khan.

If I were to look at things today, I'd have to say Johnny Got His Gun.

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.