Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
So i've had my MBP since 2009 and its still going strong but as you'd expect the battery is completely crap now, barely lasting an hour from a full charge.

I looked on Apple's website and unless im blind, they dont sell the batteries anymore for the 2009 Unibody.
Looked on eBay and saw some 3rd party ones but thought i'd post here and see if could get some insight on if any 3rd party ones are actually decent, brands to avoid etc. Or if there is a good website that still sells the battery?

Thanks in advance.

Raunien

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2011
Apple do sell battery replacements for older machines. They do not advertise it, but if you go into an apple store, they might just be able to help you out.

In any case, I would strongly purchase a battery from a trusted source. Bad batteries can lead to other problems with the machine later on.

Hawky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Apple do sell battery replacements for older machines. They do not advertise it, but if you go into an apple store, they might just be able to help you out.

In any case, I would strongly purchase a battery from a trusted source. Bad batteries can lead to other problems with the machine later on.

Yeah i'll be in London next week so im going to try the Apple Store there, hoping they still have some in stock, i'd rather pay more for a genuine one then get a cheaper 3rd party one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.