Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of iTunes Connect developers have turned to Twitter and tipped us off about an ongoing issue where users are being shown someone else's session after attempting to login into their own account. Instead of seeing their own apps, iTunes Connect is mismatching users and displaying other apps from completely different developers. MacRumors has been able to duplicate this issue, which appears to be widespread and has been going on since at least 8 AM Pacific.

bb_itunes_connect.jpg
Most definitely was auto logged in to a blackberry account on iTunes connect somehow... This isn t mine! pic.twitter.com/S9lujDno95 - Bay Phillips (@bayphillips) January 29, 2015
While other developers' apps are displayed in the iTunes Connect dashboard, attempting to take further action results in an "unable to process request" error and a redirect to the proper account. Sales and payment information does not appear to be accessible for the mismatched account. For some other users, iTunes Connect also appears to be experiencing issues with logging in.

Apple has yet to comment on the matter, and this post will be updated as further details become known.

Update 8:50 AM PT: iTunes Connect is now listed as unavailable.

itunes_connect_down-800x248.jpg
Update 10:03 AM: Apple has now acknowledged on its System Status page for developers that users are "experiencing a problem" with iTunes Connect. No estimate of a timeframe for resolution has been given.

Update 10:13 AM: Apple is also acknowledging that its TestFlight beta services are also being affected, with users "unable to submit new apps and invite new testers."

Update 12:31 PM: It appears that iTunes Connect is back online.

Update 12:43 PM: Apple is now reporting on its System Status page that iTunes Connect and TestFlight services have indeed been restored.

Article Link: iTunes Connect Issue Causing Developers to Be Logged Into Wrong Accounts [Updated]

ethanwa79

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Just logged into my dev account and low and behold there is someone else apps!!!! WHAT THE HECK! I hope someone doesn't have full access to my business!

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Apple, this is where you pull down the service and put up a holding page.

Poor form. Apple is really bad in regards to taking action, their default is to go/remain silent.

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
Just logged in and there is some app called Kewl Cirlcle. Can't change any of their info or anything like that though.

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Imagine the damage someone could do? People can see app that shouldn't be released yet (say the company may want to have a launch event) and then can show it off to the world!
I just tired logging in and it says "Unable to Process Request- Sorry, we have encountered an error".

RichTF

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
London, UK
Imagine the damage someone could do? They could set out a upgrade for a major app such as Word to replace it with a Flappy Bird rip off... Or launch an app that shouldn't be released yet (say the company may want to have a launch event)!

Well no, they wouldn't -- from the article, the bug does not allow changes to be made. At least that shows Apple has multiple layers of security in place, which is good practice.

It is a privacy issue though.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
For peoples passwords to access other peoples accounts there has been a monumental fuster cluck.

So, do they not have a few staff on call to deal with security issues like this when they arise? Or are they too cheap to pay a little bit of that cash for on-call staff.

They will do what they always do, claim nothing important could be seen etc. Trying to brush it under the carpet as always.

/\/\

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
Germany
ups... I can reproduce this.... this is not good

I feel a little bit like NSA. I can see all the stuff from others.

jscooper22

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Whoops! Maybe worry less about fantastical minimalist nuanced experiences and worry more about the nuts and bolts of client/server administration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.