Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarianMac21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
Do you guys know of any (free) cool applications and games for the Macbook Pro? Sorry, I am a newbie, just got my Mac a week ago and I am wondering what cool things can I do with it. Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Do you guys know of any (free) cool applications and games for the Macbook Pro? Sorry, I am a newbie, just got my Mac a week ago and I am wondering what cool things can I do with it. Thanks
The most intelligent way to start is to first decide what you want to use your Mac for, then find apps that help you do that. There are thousands of apps. Randomly throwing out ones that others use is a useless exercise, unless you know what your needs are. You can start with the apps that come with OS X. After you get familiar with those and have a need that those don't satisfy, then you're better prepared to look for specific apps that accomplish specific tasks.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
The most intelligent way to start is to first decide what you want to use your Mac for, then find apps that help you do that. There are thousands of apps. Randomly throwing out ones that others use is a useless exercise, unless you know what your needs are. You can start with the apps that come with OS X. After you get familiar with those and have a need that those don't satisfy, then you're better prepared to look for specific apps that accomplish specific tasks.

Isn't there an app for that? ;)

liya1201

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010

Since you asked for free games, the Battle for Wesnoth is a good one. Google knows where to download it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.