Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Hockaday.

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Hey guys and gals, I'm looking to sell my barely used late 2013 MBP Retina.

Specs are 13" Retina, 500GB SSD, 8gb Ram, 2.6GHz i5, 56 Battery Cycles, has the original box and charger etc, and no scratches. Looks like new.

I'm not sure what to price it, any feedback would be great. Thanks.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Hey guys and gals, I'm looking to sell my barely used late 2013 MBP Retina.

Specs are 13" Retina, 500GB SSD, 8gb Ram, 2.6GHz i5, 56 Battery Cycles, has the original box and charger etc, and no scratches. Looks like new.

I'm not sure what to price it, any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Id say $1300-$1500ish Look on eBay at completed listings, or Craigslist.

The Hockaday.

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Id say $1300-$1500ish Look on eBay at completed listings, or Craigslist.

Thanks, that's what I'm listing it for and going for. I've had a couple super lowball offers of 800 and 900. But Sold ebay listings support my price...and the fact that I can sell it to an online store, sight unseen for 900.

Just wanted to ask some other Mac users.

StockDC2

macrumors regular
May 16, 2011
Not sure if the market between the 13 and 15 is that different but I've been trying to sell my Late 2013 15" for $1100 for about 2 weeks now. I'd say that you're looking around $1100 as well.

Striker-UMB

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
Toronto
Not sure if the market between the 13 and 15 is that different but I've been trying to sell my Late 2013 15" for $1100 for about 2 weeks now. I'd say that you're looking around $1100 as well.

Wow man that is a steal if its still in mint shape. You can get at least $1400 - $1500 depending on the shape it is in. Always check Apple's refurbished store and base your price off that. The Apple refurbished store comes with a year of Apple care which is a sweet deal, price accordingly with that in mind.

The Hockaday.

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Wow man that is a steal if its still in mint shape. You can get at least $1400 - $1500 depending on the shape it is in. Always check Apple's refurbished store and base your price off that. The Apple refurbished store comes with a year of Apple care which is a sweet deal, price accordingly with that in mind.

Totally forgot about that. For my case, they're selling one for 1450 or so, so 12-13 i'd say is a good price. Thanks.

StockDC2

macrumors regular
May 16, 2011

That's what I thought too. I'm in a very heavy Apple community as well but for some reason it seems that the market isn't what it used to be. Mine is in excellent condition and still under AppleCare until June this year. My previous MBPs all sold within days :(.

cairene2011

Dec 17, 2013
I recently made the experience that you still get amazing prices, if you sell at the right location. I live in London and when I look here on eBay or Gumtree (Craigslist equivalent) used Macs aren't worth much at all. In fact you can buy them in every second hand phone shop on the High Street. And if you want a new one, manifold Apple Stores are only a few tube stops away.

Because of this, I took my (pristine looking) 2011 MBA home to Austria (where I'm originally from) and looked up eBay listings there. A completely different world: While the Best Buy equivalents in the country have now been stocking a few Mac models for the past years, there are hardly any second hand phone stores or the likes, where you can pick them up for a bargain price. You can order from Apple online, but apart from a few Premium Apple Resellers that don't always stock the full range or the latest and greatest, there is no actual Apple Store. I put my 2011 MBA (4GB, 1.8 GHz i7) on eBay and even to my own surprise it sold within two hours for € 970 to a lovely guy, who drove down all the way from Vienna (250 km) to pick it up. I bought it in 2011 for about € 1300, so I'm ecstatic.
I made a similar experience in 2012 when I sold my 2009 15" MBP.

I'd suggest to anyone to really make sure to find the best market, eg if you live in the US, perhaps don't try to sell in New York City - I can imagine the market is as saturated there as it is in London. Instead, try to list it locally while you're visiting family/friends in a rural area with no easy access to second hand Macs.
Hope my experience helps someone! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.