Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
California
MBA late 2014 with 10.10.2.
When powering up the MBA from the powered off state, it would seem to go to shutdown state again when I don't login after some time. If I left it for a while, I have to press the power button again to start it back up. Once I logged in, it stays on no problem.
When this is happening, the laptop is connected to the AC adapter, and the light is green.
All my other Win laptops will stay on once you power it on. It's my first mac, so I don't know if this is normal for a Mac laptop.

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
MBA late 2014 with 10.10.2.
When powering up the MBA from the powered off state, it would seem to go to shutdown state again when I don't login after some time. If I left it for a while, I have to press the power button again to start it back up. Once I logged in, it stays on no problem.
When this is happening, the laptop is connected to the AC adapter, and the light is green.
All my other Win laptops will stay on once you power it on. It's my first mac, so I don't know if this is normal for a Mac laptop.

It's normal. I'm not sure what the reason is for sleeping or turning off so quickly, but I also don't know why you would turn on the computer and not log in immediately either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.