Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
No unfortunately. Lol. I first bought the apple leather case, then bought the Sena Ultraslim Heritage sleeve cuz I don't particularly like putting this gorgeous device in a case, then I got the Thule Atmos X3 and returned it cuz it bowed out way too much on the sides, bought and returned some hideous CaseMate wallet case, picked up a very sleek looking Incipio DualPro Hardshell, and a Speck Candyshell Grip for when I need the extra grip. Such an obsession, but always happens. Almost an unexplainably but inexplicably enjoyable hobby?

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Guilty to an extent. But it is not feasible that a store exists that has floor models available to try on before you buy. So it's not just about the indecisive or fickle or fetish. (Or so I try to convince myself.) ...

Reactions: Tech With Rick

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
I was convinced I was done after the Speck Candyshell Grip. But eventually I started browsing this sub forum and started getting interested in getting another case.

The latest ones I'm debating is Apple's leather case, Vaja Grip or Shinola's leather case. Never had a leather case so debating if I should just splurge and get a more expensive leather case.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I was convinced I was done after the Speck Candyshell Grip. But eventually I started browsing this sub forum and started getting interested in getting another case.

The latest ones I'm debating is Apple's leather case, Vaja Grip or Shinola's leather case. Never had a leather case so debating if I should just splurge and get a more expensive leather case.

Right? I'm thinking about returning my Candyshell Grip in a few days and getting the leather case. This is such a bad obsession for me :mad:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I don't think it's an obsession. Different designs are going to appeal to different people, and it can take a while before we find that ideal case which both looks great and suits our use case.

Which is why I don't use cases. :p

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia
I don't think it's an obsession. Different designs are going to appeal to different people, and it can take a while before we find that ideal case which both looks great and suits our use case.

Which is why I don't use cases. :p

how do you preserve the condition of the phone if you are not using any case? And also for the protruding camera ring?

Connect2U

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Malaysia
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough - I am using a 5s, not a 6.

i see. so you are using back protector instead? I used to use a naked phone for my iPhone 5 too, for about 2 months before i sell it off to upgrade to 6 plus.

using naked phone is the best feel. but the wear and tear is much faster. Luckily my phone was wrapped, hence it protects it from scratches.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
i see. so you are using back protector instead? I used to use a naked phone for my iPhone 5 too, for about 2 months before i sell it off to upgrade to 6 plus.

using naked phone is the best feel. but the wear and tear is much faster. Luckily my phone was wrapped, hence it protects it from scratches.

No protector, no cases, as naked as the day it left the packing box.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I've gone thru many cases myself also. Started with a Spigen slim armor, then bought the the red apple silicone case, and an Incipio Dualpro shine. Tried a speck Candyshell inked and an otterbox symmetry which were both returned. Tried a PS air jacket which I ended up selling.

Now I'm using the black apple leather case. I can see why so many people love this one. It looks and feels great.

The bad thing is that there's really no way of trying out cases without actually buying them and using them for a few days to determine if you'll actually like it. Hence why so many trips back to the stores to return the case.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
No, you are not alone. . . . I try to get it over with soon after I buy a new phone so I don't feel quite so silly after the next phone is announced.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
Nope, you aren't the only one. I've had my 5s since the end of November, and I have 4 cases for it, and have exchanged a couple.:eek: The wife is about to disown me.:)

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
Right? I'm thinking about returning my Candyshell Grip in a few days and getting the leather case. This is such a bad obsession for me :mad:

Lol.. I still like the case as it provides the most grip out of the cases I've tried and it feels so sturdy. I feel really confident about not dropping the phone when I use it one handed... But if it wasn't cause of having a baby at home, I woulda just gotten something like Caudabe or some other real slim/minimal case. The 6 plus is already big enough physically and the Candyshell Grip makes it that much larger (but I do love the screen size).

Right now I don't know how to justify the cost to the wife if I was to buy Vaja or Shinola case! The Apple one is already pushing it.. Lol...

L T

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2013
UK
I was like this with the 5, ended up going naked! Now sold it on and have probably £50 worth of cases knocking around!

Had a load of credit on my Carphone Warehouse account from when they mucked up my 6+ order. So I got the apple leather case for free the day I got the phone, annoyingly they only had it in black (would've preferred blue). Keep going backwards and forwards between that and caseless!

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I bought 5 so far but I returned one.

Luvitt Clear View
Tech 21 Classic Check
Apple Silicone Case Red
Incipio Feather Clear

I was displeased with the quality and durability of the Apple Leather Case. It was awful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.