Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
There is plenty of movie threads, but I couldn't find one about the worst movie.

So name the worst movie you've ever seen.
Criteria? I leave that up to you. Make it as subjective as you like.

I'll start with saying that for me it's a close call between Peter Jackson's King Kong and David Fincher's Benjamin Button.

I would award the golden rasberry to King Kong because Jackson takes 1 hour to build characters, just to then torment the viewer with 1 hour of monsters fighting monsters and then another hour a monster fighting humans, of course never returning to the characters that were built in the first hour.
It took me two days to sit through this.

Reactions: Dsching

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Signs with Mel Gibson. I think we got up and left the movie theatre about a half hour into the movie.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
The one that immediately comes to mind is Wolf Of Wall Street.

So slow, ignored all the interesting strands of the story and was way, way too long.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
By far the worst movie, Catwoman 2004, it was so bad I walked out of the theater. (It’s the only time I’ve ever done that).

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
Simply Irresistible

"A magical crab works wonders for a terrible chef's culinary skills, leading her towards the man of her dreams."

I got my arm twisted into seeing that at the cinema :mad:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I love the idea of this thread, but - to be honest, while I can name movies I loved, movies I dislike and detest and find utterly execrable - rather than waste time screaming at the waste (of time, money, talent, resources), instead, I do my best to excise them completely from my mind and memory.

Reactions: needfx

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I watched The Ring 2 in its entirety, hoping it would get better - it didn't.

Zombieland - so bad I couldn't finish watching it.

The Happening - I waited around for the Shyamalan "twist" that never came.

The Forgotten - not even Julianne Moore and Gary Sinise could save that one.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Someone needs to list "Freddy Got Fingered." I haven't seen it in it's entirety, so I can't list it but from what I've read and seen it's a real low-life piece of zhit.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
If we come across a bad movie, we always refer to it as worse than Phoneboth in our house. We watched it until the end just to see if it got better. It didn't.

Saw about 5 minutes of Ted this afternoon. Hit the delete button.

As a father, having to sit through all three (yes three!) Tinkerbell movies are some of the longest movies I ever had to sit through. The things we have to do...

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
We watched the first 40 minutes of “Borat” before popping it out of the DVD player and placing it back in it’s red envelope.

I don’t know what all the fuss was about. It was only gross-out humor in a very mean-spirited way.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I love the idea of this thread, but - to be honest, while I can name movies I loved, movies I dislike and detest and find utterly execrable - rather than waste time screaming at the waste (of time, money, talent, resources), instead, I do my best to excise them completely from my mind and memory.

I laughed when I read this! I was wracking my brain for the name of even one of the movies I've watched at least part of and just could not finish, or actually finished watching and couldn't believe I bothered to do so. Came up blank. Once in awhile some movie that I like except for terrible audio or terrible soundtrack sticks in my head. Not so the ones that ended up seeming like a complete waste of time, apparently. But if I think of one later I'll update my post.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
We watched the first 40 minutes of “Borat” before popping it out of the DVD player and placing it back in it’s red envelope.

I don’t know what all the fuss was about. It was only gross-out humor in a very mean-spirited way.

you mean that cheese made from a lactating human female is gross? :D

Reactions: Dsching

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013

Borat is one of my favorite movies :D
Cohen and Larry Charles expose peoples hypocrasy and uptightness.
I always liked everything the Cohen did, be it Ali G or Borat.

The "sequel" Brüno on the other hand was a real letdown.
He wasn't subtle anymore, but just wanted to force reactions out of people.
I remember Ron Paul running out of the room calling him a f*g*t.
Cohen was behaving so aggressively that I can't really hold it against Paul.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
As a father, having to sit through all three (yes three!) Tinkerbell movies are some of the longest movies I ever had to sit through. The things we have to do...

That doesn’t count, it is part of the joy of being a parent, and years later when you are a grandparent, the grandchildren come for a sleepover they bring their favourite movies with them.

I think I know Tangled and Frozen by heart, but it makes them happy, and therefore me happy.

Reactions: npolly0212

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
you mean that cheese made from a lactating human female is gross? :d
:d

Of course The Room needs the obligatory, honorable mentioning as the citizen kane of the garbage movies.
Despite the insane add campagne, worldwide viewings and 6M$ budget I wouldn't even consider that a proper movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.