Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fifth beta of iOS 8.2 to developers, three weeks after seeding the fourth beta and almost three months after releasing the first iOS 8.2 beta.

The beta, build 12D5480a, is available immediately to registered developers as an over-the-air update and it can also be downloaded from the iOS Developer Center. Today's update also includes Xcode 6.2 beta 5 with WatchKit.

ios_8_2_beta_5.jpg
iOS 8.2 includes the WatchKit SDK, allowing developers to create apps, Glances, and notifications for Apple's upcoming wearable device ahead of its 2015 launch. The first iOS 8.2 beta, with WatchKit SDK and developer documentation, revealed several new details about the Apple Watch, including its heavy reliance on the iPhone and the different types of content developers can create for the device.

Update: It appears iOS 8.2 beta 5 fixes a bug that prevented Facebook from working properly. Some early reports have also suggested the beta fixes the "GMT bug" in iOS 8 calendar syncing.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fifth iOS 8.2 Beta to Developers

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Are they going to fix the safari reloading crash that I've never seen before iPhone 6

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I wonder if Apple will release iOS 8.2 before the :apple:Watch.

I'm surprised that, with :apple:Watchs being out and about already, nobody has had one stolen one or tried selling one yet.

Last edited:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I had a bug a few days ago where the volume adjustment indicator wouldn't leave the screen. I had to soft reset my phone for it to go away. It's those little bugs I which Apple would finally squash.

Other minor bugs:

iPad gets trapped in orientation (requires reset)
Time, battery, and signal status bar showing when taking pictures.
Swiping away tabs in Safari sometimes freezes Safari

----------

But funny enough it's going to sell like crazy as usual when it comes to apple products.

What will sell? A software update? :confused:

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
DAE have to type google searches into safari like 12 times before they work?

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
I've had issues with Beats Music locking up and in general just being unusably slow.

Hopefully this takes care of that as well.

allanfries

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2013
Canada
Ah, more updates! Will any of these bugs truly get fixed? At this rate we will be getting an update a month until IOS 9 comes out, and then start all over again?
Oh the pain, the pain! :confused:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
With Tim's comment about an April release for the watch, does that mean that 8.2 will not go live until then? Or is it possible it will come out earlier?

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
Anyone having issues with the last update in the mail app showing the wrong date? My mail says "Last update Friday" and it's Monday and I am still getting mail from today?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Yes. Yes it does.

Back on topic: I only hope it will be jailbroken when the apple watch comes out. Imagine what that dynamic duo can do.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure whether I'd give up my jailbreak just to use the Apple Watch if 8.2 isn't jailbroken.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Can someone with a MFi controller test it out?

On beta 1, 2, and 3 you could connect to the device via Bluetooth but when you loaded a game up the pad was dead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.