Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wirbowsky

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Belgium
Hi,

I have an issue with Steam on Yosemite. When I start the application, the icon is showing in the dock with the small bullet underneath. But no windows is displayed. I can use the application menu without any issue, like asking to see preferences pane but it does not show up. If I look in the Windows menu, I have the list of all windows that should be displayed (steam, friends, preferences...).

If I right click the dock icon, I can do show all, hide, unhide... all the normal commands but still no Windows are displayed.

I have uninstalled steam (deleted the app but kept files), downloaded the latest version, installed it. Then the app was behaving normally. Now the Windows are not visible again.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Wirbowsky

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Belgium
Ok. I solved it. I uninstalled Steam and reinstalled it... same issue no Windows visible.

I have then used the menu to assign to this desktop and windows were visible. Strangely it was assigned to "none" desktop which i think is the default.
I do not know what caused the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.