Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belle-vue

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
i
have
no
space
it
does
not
work
on
my
MacBook Pro
out
of
no
where!!

plus
it
type
my
login
password
by
itself
and
its
wrong

what
can
i
do
:eek:

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Sounds like a hardware problem, your best option is to go at an Apple Store and get it repaired.

If you can't spend any money on a repair and want a temporary workaround, you could download a keyboard utility like Karabiner to map another key to make spaces. For example, you could use your right Cmd key to make spaces.

ZacUSNYR

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
What year macbook?

Apples official fix for keyboard repair is a new top casing and it's pricey.

If you're ambitious and not intimidated by technology, iFixit.com has some great guides on disassembly and aftermarket keyboards are cheap enough on Amazon.

I replaced mine, feels OEM - works great, was a project to replace but not bad. It consists of stripping your mac down to the top case and removing the glued on cover/backlight and continuing on to remove 50 little screws (a good screw driver kit is a must).

Gives you a good sense of accomplishment though when you turn it on and it works :)

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
i
have
no
space
it
does
not
work
on
my
MacBook Pro

Kool!
If your "space" is not working - how did you get a space between MacBook and Pro ?
You can try popping off the spacebar top, and check for an obstruction underneath that space bar.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
Kool!
If your "space" is not working - how did you get a space between MacBook and Pro ?
You can try popping off the spacebar top, and check for an obstruction underneath that space bar.

Autocorrect

typing macbookpro automatically corrects to MacBook Pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.