Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
I use Win 7 Pro on my Mac mini basically for one thing Pro-Show Producer to create slideshows from my pictures. I recently updated to Parallels 10 as it keeps bugging me after latest update to OSX that Parallel 8 is no longer compatible.
I also recently bought NAS Wester Digital EX2. My problem is I've NAS directly connected to my Mac mini using Ethernet port (due to performance issues over wirless network).
Now it looks like when I start my Parallels 10 it is trying to do something with NAS, it keeps giving me message that "Machine could not reach server 190.162.1.20, please contact your admin". It makes Windows nearly unusable on Parallels as it keeps popping this message every minute. And any task in Win7 almost comes to halt during this time.

Mine is 2012 Mac mini i7 with 16GB RAM & 1.5TB SSD. It used to work just fine before this but now it is unusable specifically Windows 7 Pro.

I use NAS only for backing up my data, it is not meant for streaming anything.

Anyone else have this issue using NAS with Parallels 10 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.