Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Hopinb someone can help.

I've used moviebox for months. Got a popup today saying there was an update.

Went to cydia. No update showing but version 3.2.2 was there so uninstalled the version I had and installed that. When I open it all I get is a black screen. No problem I thought. I'll just delete it and install via pgyer website.

But whenever I try I just get an 'unable to download app' error. With all versions. The cydia version just gives me a blank screen no matter how may times I delete and reinstall.

Really annoyed as the version I was using was working perfectly.

Any ideas?

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Hopinb someone can help.

I've used moviebox for months. Got a popup today saying there was an update.

Went to cydia. No update showing but version 3.2.2 was there so uninstalled the version I had and installed that. When I open it all I get is a black screen. No problem I thought. I'll just delete it and install via pgyer website.

But whenever I try I just get an 'unable to download app' error. With all versions. The cydia version just gives me a blank screen no matter how may times I delete and reinstall.

Really annoyed as the version I was using was working perfectly.

Any ideas?

Perhaps try another source?

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Perhaps try another source?

What other source? DTA themes is the only repo I know of that has it and the pgyer site is the only site I know that allows it to be installed.

Both are recommended by the official team. I don't know of any other places.

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2015
I had the same problem + did exactly the same! I used repo.insanelyi.com think I downloaded version 2.8 but who cares coz it works. U can't download movie box now unless you have jail broken your device anymore (I think anyway)

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I am jailbroken but the version from cydia wouldn't load. Just a black screen when opening the app.

I downloaded the api file from geeks corner and installed it via iFunBox. Had to install appsync to do so but it's working fine now thankfully.

What is playbox?

lexdiamonnyc

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2012
NYC
MovieBox is acting funny since yesterday, it opens fine but movies don't load.

Been using HD Cinema from the same repo, and that's working fine. Hopefully things get sorted out with MovieBox soon!

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Imo Playboxhd is better than moviebox but like the poster above said you can't install it at present, it seems 8.1.3 broke some code/certificate or whatever ... Luckily both mine on my iPad and iphone6 still work *touchwood*

The benefits for playbox over moviebox is the fact it has ios Chromecast support and works flawlessly:cool: I dont know any other movie stream app which does this.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I have movie box and HD cinema apps but I mostly use Kodi with the fusion installer. The other IMHO aren't a patch on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.