Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:29 PM   #1
MacLevel
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to MacLevel
FLipping TiBook Screen Around

Hi, A friend of mine just got a new MacBook ( ) His old TiBook 667 has partial broken hinges and a huge crack in the case. It's essentially desk bound at this point.

For this reason we were planning on flipping the screen around so that the the current back of the screen is glued to the bottom of the computer, the whole thing would be similar to this iBook mod: http://www.macmod.com/content/view/210/2/

I've seen some people talk about this being physically possible, so I'm not all that worried. My only fear at this point is heat that would have dissipated though the base of the computer being transfered to the screen and causing problems. One idea i have was adding extra small rubber bit to separate and to leave a gap between the screen and the computer. Any ideas? I was also wondering how do connect the screen and computer together, and how to connect that whole set up to the Plexiglas, I considered some sort of epoxy, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas and or comments are much appreciated!

-Adam
MacLevel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:38 PM   #2
rockandrule
macrumors 6502

Definitely put a piece of rubber between the screen and the computer. Not really sure about anything else, just be sure to keep it slick looking when it comes to the plexi-glass. I'm sure someone will know how to do it right though. Maybe you could just hook it up to a stand that will hold it like an iMac or just an LCD. That would look a lot better, IMHO.

Good luck!
Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:12 PM   #3
MacLevel
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to MacLevel
Not sure what i could use to substitute the Plexiglas, what sort of stand would be good? It needs to raised up because the ports will be on the bottom.
MacLevel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs