Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Hey,

I'm having an odd issue that I'd appreciate any help with.

90% of the time lately I've been using my macbook as a dock. In this situation everything works fine.

10% of the time I use the macbook as a laptop, in which case Apple software won't connect to the internet. By that I mean: Safari, the App Store, iTunes, etc. However, I can still connect using other software. For example, I'm browsing on Chrome now which is working perfectly normal.

When I'm having the issues Safari says "can't open the page...because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection". iTunes and the App Store simply don't load icons or download updates.

I've reset cookies, repaired permissions, and restarted the macbook.

Any other ideas?

sahnert

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2003
Seattle
Have you tried the apps in another user account or guest user account? That would help determine if it's a system-wide issue or not.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Have you tried the apps in another user account or guest user account? That would help determine if it's a system-wide issue or not.

Just set up a guest account and the same issue is happening there. It's a little different there though, as it affects some websites but not others. For example, Google doesn't load but Facebook does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.