Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:28 AM   #1
Shrek
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Shrek
Bucs Win Superbowl!!!

Get all the latest coverage at Superbowl.com!
Shrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:50 AM   #2
macktheknife
macrumors 6502a

I was rooting for the Raiders, but I would not have been too upset if it was a better game. I mean, the Raiders didn't even really put up a fight--the game wasn't even close.

Well, win or lose, we always have some jerks who can't help themselves to some partying:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...806EST0512.DTL
macktheknife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2003, 03:00 PM   #3
pgwalsh
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Yahoo to pgwalsh
I thought it was a good game. I'm a 49ers fan so I was all about the Bucs. The game wasn't close and I was really surprised. What's the deal with the Raiders center?

On another note, I was glad to see ex 49er Jerry Rice get a touchdown. Hopefully he'll retire now.
pgwalsh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2003, 03:28 PM   #4
MacAztec
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to MacAztec
Quote:
Originally posted by pgwalsh
I thought it was a good game. I'm a 49ers fan so I was all about the Bucs. The game wasn't close and I was really surprised. What's the deal with the Raiders center?

On another note, I was glad to see ex 49er Jerry Rice get a touchdown. Hopefully he'll retire now.
Im a 49er fan too. Why do you want Rice to retire? He is still playing great.
MacAztec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2003, 03:38 PM   #5
pgwalsh
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Yahoo to pgwalsh
Quote:
Originally posted by MacAztec

Im a 49er fan too. Why do you want Rice to retire? He is still playing great.
For two reasons. First, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. I think some of the younger guys would like to really nail him. Second, I don't want the media to start saying he's out of gas etc etc etc. He should go out while on top and I don't think the Raiders are going back to the Super Bowl next year. They're 50 MM over the salary cap and they need to cut a lot of players to get under.
pgwalsh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2003, 08:25 AM   #6
yzedf
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yzedf
Quote:
Originally posted by pgwalsh
For two reasons. First, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. I think some of the younger guys would like to really nail him. Second, I don't want the media to start saying he's out of gas etc etc etc. He should go out while on top and I don't think the Raiders are going back to the Super Bowl next year. They're 50 MM over the salary cap and they need to cut a lot of players to get under.
A lot of good/expensive players.

Plus they need to bring in a young gun type QB to replace Gannon in the near future.

What is the deal with Gannon and Kurt Warner??? 2 guys who never amounted to sqaut... and now they are good? Is the QB talent in the league that bad now... or is the CB/SS/FS talent that sucks...?

GO BRONCOS!!!
yzedf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events