Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
After playing a video on Apple TV via iPhone the volume controls disappear and don't re-appear until after switching music back to iPhone and then switching back to ATV; unable to control using physical buttons on iPhone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 57

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Also, if the remote app has been inactive for a period or I've moved away from my ATV the app has to be manually killed otherwise it says it is connecting and then it connects but then shows the attached in an indefinate loop.

Having had three ATV's I'm getting fed up with their "quirky features".... Latest update hasn't helped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 60

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It depends on how your Apple TV is setup to do audio output. If it does optical out, there is no ability to change the volume on that output type.

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
It depends on how your Apple TV is setup to do audio output. If it does optical out, there is no ability to change the volume on that output type.

It's connected via HDMI and the point I was trying to make was that audio controls are available but after playing a video they disappear, even if I've switched back to audio.

JeffPerrin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
I too have noticed the volume slider does not always behave as it should. In my case, it seems to hang around even though it should be gone during video Airplay.

Sometimes it's a device issue, and is fixed with a simple reboot (try both iPhone and Apple TV). If that's not the case, then file it under "bug."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.