Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tzhu07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Hoodie, shorts (below knees), and flip-flops.

The interview was at HTC's corporate office in Bellevue, WA.

:cool:

YMMV

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

YMMV

Crikey.

Well, different strokes…….and so on.

It depends on the company.

I wore a suit.

As did I. Personally, I would always wear either a pantsuit, or a smart jacket and tailored trousers.

And I agree, that it depends on the company, the culture, the context and the setting.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I went to an interview on Friday wearing a blue button up shirt, red tie, dark brown trousers, dark brown loafers. "Business casual" I would say. I got offered the job. :)

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
It didn't matter. My interviews were telephonic.

If they were in person, I would have worn:

winter - sweater with a jacket
summer - dress shirt, no tie with a jacket

Ray Brady

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
I was told you're supposed to dress for the job you want, not the job you have. I wore my Starfleet uniform for six months straight, but I'm still working in a cubicle.

Rass

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2015
Brisvegas, Australia
Last was black slacks, white shirt, tie and grey woollen jumper. I got the job, but I was dressed down compared to other interviews where I would wear a suit.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Always wear a suit. Better to be over dressed than under dressed.

Attachments

• suit-up-barney-stinson.jpg
    suit-up-barney-stinson.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 61

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
didnt interview for current job - popped in to lend them a hand with something one day and still there 8 years on :D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It didn't matter. My interviews were telephonic.

If they were in person, I would have worn:

winter - sweater with a jacket
summer - dress shirt, no tie with a jacket

Even when I do telephone interviews, - and my last two positions came about as a result of telephone interviews - I always wear either a suit, or tailored jacket and trousers and black shoes; for some reason, that seems to work better for me.

I was told you're supposed to dress for the job you want, not the job you have. I wore my Starfleet uniform for six months straight, but I'm still working in a cubicle.

Brilliant.

didnt interview for current job - popped in to lend them a hand with something one day and still there 8 years on :D

Lovely story, and great to know that sometimes things can work out with a different approach.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010

YMMV

I'll play along.

I am of course retired now.

But for my first and only employment, well lets just say that my father knew the CEO and all the board members.;)

There was no interview, just a long liquid dinner 1970's style, with the CEO.:cool:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'll play along.

I am of course retired now.

But for my first and only employment, well lets just say that my father knew the CEO and all the board members.;)

There was no interview, just a long liquid dinner 1970's style, with the CEO.:cool:

Those were the days.

"Long, liquid lunches", of myth and legend, masked in the mists of the dawn of time? I remember hearing tell of such things, in tones of whispered awe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.