Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:03 PM   #1
thoff
macrumors newbie

Core Duo in new ibook?

With the new mini having both single and dual-core potions do you think it is likely that the new ibook/macbook will have a dual-core option? I remember some people thinking it wouldn't, so as to differentiate it from the Macbook Pro. It seems likely to me with the new mini's specs.

Also, what do you think are the odds that the ibook will have integrated graphics? I hope not, but now I wouldn't be surprised?

thoff
thoff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:05 PM   #2
yankeefan24
macrumors 65816

core duo available, no integrated graphics. low end ATI mobility or something on duo model. it is likely they will have core duo as an option. just what i think will happen.

MacBook "Black Edition"
23" ACD

Disclaimer: Never take facts I state in a post as totally 100% correct unless otherwise stated.
yankeefan24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:16 PM   #3
prostuff1
macrumors 65816

I do believe there will be a core duo in the top model. I hope they have an 11 inch widescreen version and a 13.

The one thing i hope they dont do is use integrated graphics.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:23 PM   #4
mikemodena
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mikemodena
I don't think the iBook will have integrated graphics. The Mac mini is the switcher machine, so they are able to put integrated graphics in it. The iBook is not meant to entice switchers quite like the mac mini is and is a bit more expensive, so my guess is it will have a GPU.
mikemodena is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:09 PM   #5
plinkoman
macrumors 65816

i didn't think it(or the mini) would have a duo, but after seeing the mini have one, i'd bet the high end ibook err, macbook will have one. as for integrated graphics, i really hope not, but for the same reason i think the macbook will have a duo, i have this bad feeling it will have integrated graphics as well. but i really really hope not(even though i wont be buying one)
plinkoman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:33 PM   #6
zoziw
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to zoziw
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoff
With the new mini having both single and dual-core potions do you think it is likely that the new ibook/macbook will have a dual-core option? I remember some people thinking it wouldn't, so as to differentiate it from the Macbook Pro. It seems likely to me with the new mini's specs.

Also, what do you think are the odds that the ibook will have integrated graphics? I hope not, but now I wouldn't be surprised?

thoff
If the mini has one I think it is very likely that at least one the new iBook/MacBook models will have a core duo as well.

As for integrated graphics, i don't know. I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me.
zoziw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:48 PM   #7
alexstein
macrumors 6502a

I hope that the top model will have the option of a core duo as well as a low-end to mid-level graphics-card.

But on the low-end Apple needs a 700-800 dollar entry level notebook to compete with windows based pc/laptop manufacturers. I think that Apple could meet that price point with a low end core solo and integrated graphics.

...just my two cents....

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs