Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jreidsma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2015
I got a ipod touch 4th generation last night, running iOS 6.1.6. I am trying to jailbreak it but have run into an issue of course.

Redsn0w will not accept any ipsw I try to use. I have tried multiple, 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.1.6. And I have tried multiple redsn0w versions. Just says that this ipsw is not supported by this version of redsn0w.

Redsn0w also starts with an error saying that certain operations are disabled due to incomplete itunes libraries.

Any help is appreciated

jreidsma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2015
p0sixspwn will not work either. On my main windows 8.1 laptop, running the latest version of itunes, it just says "requires itunes 9 or above". When I try it on my windows 7 desktop, running an older version of itunes, it just crashes and won't do anything.

On my mom's windows 8.1 laptop it will run, after I installed itunes 10.6. However, I have to reboot the ipod manually with the power button, and then p0sixspwn crashes.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
p0sixspwn will not work either. On my main windows 8.1 laptop, running the latest version of itunes, it just says "requires itunes 9 or above". When I try it on my windows 7 desktop, running an older version of itunes, it just crashes and won't do anything.

On my mom's windows 8.1 laptop it will run, after I installed itunes 10.6. However, I have to reboot the ipod manually with the power button, and then p0sixspwn crashes.

iTunes is currently on version 12.1.x, how about trying the latest version of iTunes?

you might be using a version too old to support iOS 6.x

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.