Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Media invites going out tomorrow

You post seems confident and convincing but you have nothing behind what your saying... I like it :D.

Yo don't let tomorrow bacause if I open up Macrumors and front page doesn't have a count down timer until the event, I'm going to cry.

applegeek01

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
Knoxville, TN
Interesting to see how this plays out. I highly doubted a media event in February. I'm thinking early March.

BUT! Maybe I'm just a nerd, but has anyone else thought about what the media invitations would say? I'm thinking something simple (so Apple): "It's Time"

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
The date would be perfect, but the recent rumors and availability of the Watch really mean a late march/early april event.

The 12" Macbook Air still doesn't sound like it is ready to ship yet, so the 24th may just be a website update of the current models with Broadwell.

gcooldude86

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2014
Ontario, Canada
My guess is we'll see an event a week and a half prior to the launch of the Apple Watch in April. So we could see it at the end of March or the first week or two in April.

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
My guess is we'll see an event a week and a half prior to the launch of the Apple Watch in April. So we could see it at the end of March or the first week or two in April.

I've made the point in other posts..... but whilst annual iPhone/iPad announcements tend to come around 10 days before the actual launch........ with 1st generation devices the announcement has come 3-4 weeks in advance of the launch (presumably to allow for better inventory planning etc.).

Therefore an early March event would not be out of the ordinary.

iPad - Unveiled Jan 27th 2010 - Availability date announced March 5th - Released April 3rd

iPhone - Unveiled Jan 9th 2007 - Availability date announced June 11th - Released June 29th

applegeek01

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
Knoxville, TN
I've made the point in other posts..... but whilst annual iPhone/iPad announcements tend to come around 10 days before the actual launch........ with 1st generation devices the announcement has come 3-4 weeks in advance of the launch (presumably to allow for better inventory planning etc.).

Therefore an early March event would not be out of the ordinary.

iPad - Unveiled Jan 27th 2010 - Availability date announced March 5th - Released April 3rd

iPhone - Unveiled Jan 9th 2007 - Availability date announced June 11th - Released June 29th

As I said earlier, early March. I do agree with you. Have to allow for consumers to prepare and for Apple themselves prepare for the storm of customers.

EthanLMT

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2015
BUT! Maybe I'm just a nerd, but has anyone else thought about what the media invitations would say? I'm thinking something simple (so Apple): "It's Time"

I'm thinking somebody clever like "It's about time", "Watch Out", "Time for you to get a watch", or (if the Event is on April 1st): "Apple Fools! There's no :apple:Watch! Here's a new Airport Express instead!" :p

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
I'm thinking somebody clever like "It's about time", "Watch Out", "Time for you to get a watch", or (if the Event is on April 1st): "Apple Fools! There's no :apple:Watch! Here's a new Airport Express instead!" :p

Or just something simple like

"It's time'
"It's almost time"
"The final countdown"

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Seeing that the OP posted this yesterday, and we have reached EOB on the east coast today, I think it is safe to say that the OP is wrong here, especially with the fact that there isn't a source cited to back up the claim.

BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.