Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

romiebleed

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
johannesburg
I have this strange problem on my iPhone 6 - 128gb - iOS 8.1.2 - never jail broken.

This happens once in few days.

Problem - when you have your phone on silent mode and when you receive a call, your phone keeps on ringing/vibrating. Phone doesn't stop ringing when you answer the call/switch of silent mode/lock the phone.

The only way to solve this problem is to restart the device.

I'm not sure if this is related to software/hardware?

Please let me know if any of you had this issue and resolved. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have this strange problem on my iPhone 6 - 128gb - iOS 8.1.2 - never jail broken.

This happens once in few days.

Problem - when you have your phone on silent mode and when you receive a call, your phone keeps on ringing/vibrating. Phone doesn't stop ringing when you answer the call/switch of silent mode/lock the phone.

The only way to solve this problem is to restart the device.

Please let me know if any of you had this issue and resolved. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Why not contact Apple? Clearly the phone is still within warranty.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

Thanks.

Put your iPhone in DFU mode and do a clean install of iOS. Don't restore your backup. Use your phone as you normally would and see if the problem occurs again.

romiebleed

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
johannesburg
Why not contact Apple? Clearly the phone is still within warranty.

Yes, I'm planning to go to apple once I go back to South Africa (thats where I bought this phone).

Just wanted to find out if this is a common problem or if anyone encountered this issue before and had some sort of resolution.

----------

Put your iPhone in DFU mode and do a clean install of iOS. Don't restore your backup. Use your phone as you normally would and see if the problem occurs again.

Sure, will try that as well. I'm planning to upgrade the phone to 8.1.3 and give it a try for few days.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Is there any possibility it could have got wet? I had a friend who dropped his in a sink full of water and when ever he tried to do anything the phone would start vibrating.

Hope you get it worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.