Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdphifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
Petty little question that I have been unable to find a solution for (if one exists)...

I have set up different users for my kids on our Mac so that I can control their usage time, and when they are logged in they are almost always using headphones so I don't have to hear their annoying game sounds ;). They use a headset attached via a USB port. I like to listen via a set of speakers attached via the headphone jack.

The issue is whenever I log into my user, I have to switch the output sound source. (They do too!) Is there a way to set a default source based on the user?

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Petty little question that I have been unable to find a solution for (if one exists)...

I have set up different users for my kids on our Mac so that I can control their usage time, and when they are logged in they are almost always using headphones so I don't have to hear their annoying game sounds ;). They use a headset attached via a USB port. I like to listen via a set of speakers attached via the headphone jack.

The issue is whenever I log into my user, I have to switch the output sound source. (They do too!) Is there a way to set a default source based on the user?

I don't believe this is possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.