Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adrengill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2015
Hi. I have recently moved to Buffalo River area. Huge maintenance is required for my newly purchased House. I need to vacuum piles of fallen leaf. Help to select a suitable blower for this purpose. Is Husqvarna 350BT good option?

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
The Husqvarna looks good.

Anything backpack blower style from Husqvarna, Stihl, or echo should be pretty good.

I prefer Stihl but mostly because I have other stihl equipment, I know how it all works, and I don't have to worry about mixing different gas ratios for my different machines.

koa

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2005
Hawaii
Look around at what the road crews and lawn guys use in your area. Also, check out equipment supply places other than big box stores to see what they sell. I have a Maruyama. It's what many guys use here. Check to see if anyone carries it near you. They hardly ever need service and have a good warranty.

http://maruyama-us.com/products/blowers/bl3200/

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Does that mean you have trolled me ? :)

Hahaha, no, just giving a hard time (but all in fun :) ).

Per other posters, it’s a bit peculiar, that on a messageboard for Apple related topics, you signed up and asked about leaf blowers. Not Apple, not really even "tech" related :)

Husqvarna is a "go to" brand for chainsaws, good products, I'd assume they're other product lines are good as well. Same for Poulan, Stihl.

I had a Makita blower, gas, but wound up swapping it out for a light weight electric since we only really use it for the deck and driveway (it had a nice vacuum/bag attachment, but never used it).

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I have an Echo back pack blower I've owned for at least 10 years. It's never required service other than cleaning the air filter and spark plug end the end of each season. Not sure of the model but it was the most powerful Echo they made back then. I'm quite pleased with it. BTW, I only use mine around my house during the spring and fall, and occasionally during the summer.
My recommendation is getting a backpack blower over a hand held no matter what brand you end up with.

One other thing, It's a good idea to add some STA-BIL fuel stabilizer to the fuel tank for when you're not using it for an extended period. It keeps the gas from going bad. Also prevents the carburetor from gumming up.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Now, that is the thing about this wonderful forum: Even though it is dedicated to matters Apple and tech related stuff, you can just join, and ask a question, and several members will usually happily chime in with a considered and relevant response.

Re the actual OP, as leaves on my drive are not an issue, unfortunately, I cannot advise you as I have neither expertise nor recommendations to offer.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I use a rake. Does that make me old fashioned?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 61

adrengill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2015
Probably just wondering why someone would sign up on a Mac forum to ask about leaf blowers ;)

:D actually i searched google about leaf blowers and found an old thread of MacRumors in results. I thought it would be good if i ask from this group.

----------

Hahaha, no, just giving a hard time (but all in fun :) ).

Per other posters, it’s a bit peculiar, that on a messageboard for Apple related topics, you signed up and asked about leaf blowers. Not Apple, not really even "tech" related :)

Husqvarna is a "go to" brand for chainsaws, good products, I'd assume they're other product lines are good as well. Same for Poulan, Stihl.

I had a Makita blower, gas, but wound up swapping it out for a light weight electric since we only really use it for the deck and driveway (it had a nice vacuum/bag attachment, but never used it).

:D no problem. I lately understand why you said that. As i have explained earlier, i came here through search engine and initially i thought it's good place to ask question about leaf blower.

Anyhow, i have bought a Stihl BGA 85 leaf blower and i am very satisfied with the results. I highly recommend this.

----------

I use a rake. Does that make me old fashioned?

I also use rake, when i have some time :)

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Leaf Blowers

Highly recommend you do not skimp and spend the $$$$.

Living in New England fall is a pain in the but. We spent many weekend days raking and dragging leaves into the back yard.

three years ago I bought an Echo leave blower the mid line commercial back pack blower.

I haven't raked since. There is nothing sexier than watching my wife out there cleaning up the yard while I sit on the porch watching. She absolutely loves using it. Well, at least it's on the list of sexy things.

If you go cheap you will most likely be visiting a car forum asking the same question in a couple of years.

----------

Nothing like a gasoline powered leaf blower to ruin my quiet Sunday.

But what about those pesky lawn movers and tractors people use.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've had a Sears Craftsman blower for 20 years that does a fine job. Definitely faster than 100% raking. Doh, I've already answered this thread. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.