Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technodynamic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
So, advancing beyond my printable prototype in this thread which focused on just the watch face, I've upped the standard a bit.

This image is a jpg, anyone can view it and print it. It's sized already to to print perfectly. Just make sure you print at 100%.

I've also included the leather watch band and did my best replicate the size, based on the photos that Apple has listed in their gallery. I photoshopped a leather tile onto the band so it looks realistic. I've also focused on using a UI screen, with buttons, so you can imagine pressing something, seeing small graphs, etc.

Print + Cut + Wear.

See what you think.

38mm and 42mm SS watch with leather band

38versus42.jpg

Technodynamic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
just cut it out, pasted a cardboard back to the watch so it would be flat... and here's the result (42mm, with black leather band):

42mmblack.jpg

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006
That looks great! The size is perfect! Now, what about thickness. In that combo, with that watch face, it is a nice looking watch.

ephraim909

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
According to http://www.apple.com/watch/design/ the sizes correspond to the height of the case, not the width. Whenever I printed these out at 100% and then measured them, they seemed to be sized for the width and therefore significantly larger than the actual size.

No?

***This was the case printing them directly from Safari. Saving the image and printing from Photoshop worked just fine. Printer beware***

Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Ok I made mine the sport watch blue color to save on ink. I really enjoyed trying it with the band. I actually wore the 42mm for two hours to see what it was like. I definitely like the 42 mm better.

Here is the 38mm
H67iT2Q.jpg

Here is the 42mm
hj4pm11.jpg

Here they are side by side
RpjQwwN.jpg

valleian

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Made mine, it's a 38mm. (Sorry for the bad quality, I had to rush to make it at work.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 451

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Gigantic Watch

So, advancing beyond my printable prototype in this thread which focused on just the watch face, I've upped the standard a bit.

This image is a jpg, anyone can view it and print it. It's sized already to to print perfectly. Just make sure you print at 100%.

I've also included the leather watch band and did my best replicate the size, based on the photos that Apple has listed in their gallery. I photoshopped a leather tile onto the band so it looks realistic. I've also focused on using a UI screen, with buttons, so you can imagine pressing something, seeing small graphs, etc.

Print + Cut + Wear.

See what you think.

Printed it at 100%, as you suggested, and it came out on 2 pages and it looked like it was made for the gigantic woman in the old movie :eek:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Just printed them, the 38mm is a lot smaller than I imagined. However, I still can't really appreciate the difference in size without the thickness being there, so I think I'll still try them both on beforehand if I ever decide to buy one.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom

Print + Cut + Wear.

See what you think.

Am I missing something? How do I print them at 100%? :confused:

It's showing as 100% but is then spread across 2 pages and they are huge!

It's ok, they wouldn't size correctly from safari but dragged the jpg to the desktop and worked fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-21 at 13.00.37.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-21 at 13.00.37.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 421

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Here is the 38mm, must say it looks much better than I thought it would on my small wrists. Very happy :)

Attachments

• IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 450
Last edited:

2macORnot2mac

macrumors regular
May 14, 2010
It printed right, I checked about 3 times, I just have really small wrist.

Ok. I have small wrist too. I'm trying figure out if the 42 works me as well. I don't think that I will know till I actually try one.

Last edited:

hcole623

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2013
looks like 42mm for me!

42mm looks like the winner for me. Probaby the stainless :apple:Watch with brown leather loop.

(I double checked the print out and it measures 42mm/~1.65in vertically.)

NxHSCCsl.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.