Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttudboz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Seems like there isn't that much info out there for an event that is supposed to happen Tuesday. Any confirmation that I just missed??

I am cross shopping an XPS 13 (the new one) but Apple's touchpad is to die for.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
There isn't any event on the 24th. I don't think I've even seen rumors of a minor refresh that might just show up without an event, so I'd say there is a 99% chance of nothing happening Tuesday.

Nee412

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Sunny England!
If there was an event planned for Tuesday 24th then invitations would have gone out already. It would be on the front page with a timer, and there would be a tone of discussions about a possible live feed. Unfortunately no. There's no event happening next week.

We might see a silent update to the current MBA line though, but this won't include a retina model.

ttudboz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
why do they have to be so secretive! lol

I guess so guys like me will go ahead and buy the old one right up until the new announcement :)

I hate to say this because it makes me feel slimy but I feel like getting a current gen and just returning it when the new one comes (hopefully within 45 days, best buy premier silver ftw!)

:p:p:p:p

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
There isn't any event on the 24th. I don't think I've even seen rumors of a minor refresh that might just show up without an event, so I'd say there is a 99% chance of nothing happening Tuesday.

Minor refreshes happen all the time without an event, plus there have been plenty of rumors about it.

----------

why do they have to be so secretive! lol

I guess so guys like me will go ahead and buy the old one right up until the new announcement :)

I hate to say this because it makes me feel slimy but I feel like getting a current gen and just returning it when the new one comes (hopefully within 45 days, best buy premier silver ftw!)

:p:p:p:p

Well you only have to hold out for a few more days.

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Right here on mac rumors. Although this says a spec bump to the MBA will be released with no town hall meeting.

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/09/macbook-air-update-february/

My bet is the MBA spec bump will happen at the same time as the rMBA release. Apple would have a lot of unhappy customers if they updated the MBA line, and then released the rMBA 1-2 months later.

I suppose they could release the 12-inch rMBA without an event, but would they?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Right here on mac rumors. Although this says a spec bump to the MBA will be released with no town hall meeting.

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/09/macbook-air-update-february/

My bet is the MBA spec bump will happen at the same time as the rMBA release. Apple would have a lot of unhappy customers if they updated the MBA line, and then released the rMBA 1-2 months later.

I guess I missed that one, so I guess there is a chance that Apple will do a small update, if they do I wouldn't expect a 12" MBA anytime soon though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.