Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borjam1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Hello
i've download a few apps for my new ipad mini that allows me to edit pdf files. I download Documents 5, Pdf , Pdf Pro,...

The problems of this apps are that i don't knwo where editted files are stored on my ipad. I would like to edit them(underline, ...) and them upload to my drop or similar.
also i don't fuind in the app the method to delete wht you write on your pdf. sometimes you underline a word and you want to delete the underline. How can i do that?

do you any app for my ebooks files in my ebook?somes are underline.

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
Apps like GoodReader and PDF Experts provide iCloud Drive support and also sync folder support with major cloud storage services, including Dropbox and OneDrive. You may simply link these apps with your cloud storage, and setup a sync folder.

In PDF Expert (and its Documents 5 brother), underline cannot be deleted like how you delete shapes and text boxes. But you can click the book icon at the top-right hand corner, and choose the third tab namely Annotations. Simply swipe the underlined text to the left and you will see the Delete button.

borjam1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Hello
With Document5 i found the button and i could delete what i underline. Where is this file stored? can i drop this file to my computer with the annotations?

Withpdf reader i could find the annotains but i cannot delete them. How can i do that? where is the he file stored? with this app i've got advertisement some times. How can i avoid them?

What tool would you recommend for editing pdfs? is there any tool , as ibooks that allow me to modify the brightness. In some forums i read that the best tool is goodtoread what is your opinion?

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
Hello
With Document5 i found the button and i could delete what i underline. Where is this file stored? can i drop this file to my computer with the annotations?

Withpdf reader i could find the annotains but i cannot delete them. How can i do that? where is the he file stored? with this app i've got advertisement some times. How can i avoid them?

What tool would you recommend for editing pdfs? is there any tool , as ibooks that allow me to modify the brightness. In some forums i read that the best tool is goodtoread what is your opinion?
For the Document tab of Documents 5, unless your file is within a Sync Folder (folder with a cloud on it) you set in the Network tab, it is always local to your device*.

If you can access iCloud Drive on your computer, you can tap and hold your file, and then drag it on to the iCloud tab. The file will then appear in your Documents by Readdle folder within the iCloud Drive. If you don't want to use iCloud Drive, you may also connect to third party services via the Network Tab, and selectively sync your folders, which the folders will appear under the Documents tab as mentioned. The annotations made by Documents 5 (or PDF Expert 5) are visible on your Mac or PC - well, at least iBooks on the iPad and Preview on my Mac can show the annotations without issues.

Adjusting brightness is possible with PDF Expert 5 on iPad, or Documents 5 that is installed alongside it. There is an "Aa" icon at the top center that will trigger a popover sheet, which provides options like day/sepia/night mode and scrolling directions. You may also try the Night Mode (if you are using iPhone) by tapping the top right most button.

P.S. If you need PDF editing, I recommend PDF Expert by Readdle (i.e. Documents 5 "add-on") as it has the cleanest, most elegant and smoothest UI among all the apps I've tried. GoodReader is a bit bloated and sluggish scrolling (especially the bouncing animation at the front page and the end), while PDF Reader 6 and Adobe Reader with the developer's own cloud sync service is not my cup of tea... Readdle's PDF Expert is a bit pricey anyway, but the support is real human backed :).

* Documents 5 and PDF Expert 5 provide an iTunes File folder that allows you to move files in and out within the File Sharing section of your iTunes's App tab on the PC or Mac.

Last edited:

borjam1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
I'll answer you inline

For the Document tab of Documents 5, unless your file is within a Sync Folder (folder with a cloud on it) you set in the Network tab, it is always local to your device*.
-->Ok. How can I define a "Sync folder"?

If you can access iCloud Drive on your computer, you can tap and hold your file, and then drag it on to the iCloud tab. The file will then appear in your Documents by Readdle folder within the iCloud Drive. If you don't want to use iCloud Drive, you may also connect to third party services via the Network Tab, and selectively sync your folders, which the folders will appear under the Documents tab as mentioned. The annotations made by Documents 5 (or PDF Expert 5) are visible on your Mac or PC - well, at least iBooks on the iPad and Preview on my Mac can show the annotations without issues.

Adjusting brightness is possible with PDF Expert 5 on iPad, or Documents 5 that is installed alongside it. There is an "Aa" icon at the top center that will trigger a popover sheet, which provides options like day/sepia/night mode and scrolling directions. You may also try the Night Mode (if you are using iPhone) by tapping the top right most button.

-->I didn´t find this button neither Documents 5 nor Pdf Expert 5. I don`´t know how to synch with my pdf reader free
P.S. If you need PDF editing, I recommend PDF Expert by Readdle (i.e. Documents 5 "add-on") as it has the cleanest, most elegant and smoothest UI among all the apps I've tried. GoodReader is a bit bloated and sluggish scrolling (especially the bouncing animation at the front page and the end), while PDF Reader 6 and Adobe Reader with the developer's own cloud sync service is not my cup of tea... Readdle's PDF Expert is a bit pricey anyway, but the support is real human backed .

* Documents 5 and PDF Expert 5 provide an iTunes File folder that allows you to move files in and out within the File Sharing section of your iTunes's App tab on the PC or Mac.

----------

i could sync my files with pdf reader. i would like to know more about sync folders. how can i define a folder to sync in my ipad?

borjam1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
i couldn't delete anything with pdf reader. i found the annotations but nothing more i can do with them. i cannot delete any of them

borjam1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
My doubts are still here. anyone can help me?

----------

Also i can change the brightness of my screen in pdf reader or documents. i must go to the "settings" and from there change the brightness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.