Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Paul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2015
I'm looking at the new iMac 5K for a new editing workstation. I will be editing in 1080 as well as 4K formats (No Raw)
iMac 5K
4.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x8GB
1TB Flash (SSD)
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB GDDR5
External Storage:
PROMISE Pegasus2 R4 8TB (4 by 2TB) Thunderbolt 2 RAID System
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...us2-r4-8tb-4-by-2tb-thunderbolt-2-raid-system
Software:
FCP X
Lightroom
Compressor
Motion
Currently, I’m using an older PC with Windows 7. I'm running Sony Vegas Pro with two 2TB internal HDD in O RAID. I've ran 0 RAID due to it being the fastest configuration. I'm not sure if this is still the best "today" therefore, I would like to hear your suggestions for setting up the new iMac 5K with a Pegasus2 R4 8TB (4 by 2TB) Thunderbolt 2 RAID System? I would like to keep at least one of the Pegasus 2TB drives for storage. I’d like to add, I do have other portable hard drives that I can use for storage only (not to be part of the above). I’m assuming OS X Yosemite is included in Apples configuration (it doesn’t show). It’s been a while since I physically set up a workstation, therefore any suggestions along with instruction would be most appreciated. Also, if you know of any "how to" tutorials, videos, etc. please let me know. Thanks in advance, James

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.