Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:18 PM   #1
goduke06
macrumors newbie

New Version of iMac

There really hasnt been a new computer from apple in a while (1year -mac mini) and i im looking at buying a MBP and then an iMac or waiting for a powermac and i'm thinking it has been 1 and a half years since they g5 or core duo version of the imac was released how long till the new one WITH A NEW DIESIGN comes out?
goduke06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:24 PM   #2
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduke06
There really hasnt been a new computer from apple in a while (1year -mac mini) and i im looking at buying a MBP and then an iMac or waiting for a powermac and i'm thinking it has been 1 and a half years since they g5 or core duo version of the imac was released how long till the new one WITH A NEW DIESIGN comes out?
I guess the new 'macbook' (not pro) with a 13" widescreen will be the next big design change as far as apple are concerned.

We may see smaller Powermac towers but I doubt it..
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:35 PM   #3
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

i think the PowerMacs, or whatever they are end up being called. Mac Pros? will have a design change as they probably won't require the type of cooling the G5 demands. but other than that, what design changes can them impliment really? the iMacs are a solid design, there isn't much you can evolve from this design to, its pretty much, function, simple, and elegant.
PlaceofDis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:48 PM   #4
bill4588
macrumors 6502a

i soooo wish i could get an iMac....but I'm a teenager about to go to college and about to buy an iBook (the new ones of course!)....the iMac's look sweeeeeeet and i want one so badly. if anyone wants to contribute to the poor college kid found just send me a PM lol
bill4588 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:26 PM   #5
Le Big Mac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaceofDis
i think the PowerMacs, or whatever they are end up being called. Mac Pros? will have a design change as they probably won't require the type of cooling the G5 demands. but other than that, what design changes can them impliment really? the iMacs are a solid design, there isn't much you can evolve from this design to, its pretty much, function, simple, and elegant.

Of course, who would have thought after the G4 iMac we needed a new form factor?

The way I look at it is that the G5 iMacs have all the features you're likely to see any time soon, other than more speed and capacity/memory. I suppose an HD-DVD burner will be introduced at some point. So, other than software upgrades, you're likely to have a good, new machine for a while.
Le Big Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro