Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
TaiG has released a new jailbreak tool for Windows users to jailbreak iOS 8.2 beta 1 and beta 2. Link : http://www.taig.com/en/

You all should know this too:

1) Apple is still signing iOS 8.2.
2) iOS 8.2 is the only modern firmware that Apple is signing that is jailbreakable.
3) iOS 8.2 doesn’t expire.

And no new exploits were used too.
Tweet by ih8sn0w : "For those who do not already know, 8.2 betas 1/2 were built before TaiG was public. So they are still vulnerable. No new bugs were used."

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Now that TaiG has released it (instead of hobbyist hex editors for pp jailbreak) And 8.1.2 is no longer signed I'd be curious how performance is on rMini and 6+

Too scared to try though from 8.1.1

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
I recently bought an iPhone 6 and was surprised it already came with 8.1.3 installed, so I updated to iOS 8.2 beta 2 so I could jailbreak. I used the PP jailbreak, it worked fine and was very easy to do. Keep in mind you have to have your phone registered with a developer account to update to 8.2 beta 2.

I found that nearly all the plugins I wanted, like Anchor and VirtualHome 8 work fine. However, oddly, I cannot BUY these through Cydia, because BigBoss is so clever that he locks out firmwares that are not explicitly defined as compatible.

I installed them using the 'illegal' repos (I wanted to make sure they actually worked before paying for them) but now I find out I am literally prevented from purchasing them on the official servers. Is there any way around this for 'incompatible' applications? I'm guessing that when iOS 8.3 comes out, since it skips 8.2, these programs will never be labeled as 8.2 compatible, and I'm unlikely to update to 8.3 even if a new JB comes out. I already gave away my old iPhone 5 (which was anyway on iOS 7).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.