Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Just received an e-mail from Lifeproof (Feb 23, 2015) that the Nuud case for iPhone 6 was available for pre-order with an estimated in-stock date of March 9, 2015.

I was able to successfully place a pre-order. Anyone else get the same?

Last edited:

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Im getting the 6+, debating whether what case to get. Don't want a mophie because the battery life is great. Don't want an otter box.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
order system is having issues. I have not received a confirmation, but called up and they said their system is swamped so wait 24 hrs. Hopefully.

rossiskiracer91

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
I ordered one too and it will be here Friday. I called to double check and she said they are sending them out immediately so they can better handle the demand.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I called yesterday and my order was elevated to fix the notification. That worked, but now I'm sitting in waiting to be fulfilled. I guess I'm looking at next week or so to get the case. No big considering my current case is a tank on protection...minus water.

badger91

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I just installed mine and I like it. The case looks kind of cheap but it will get the job done. I'm not happy with the screen protector though. It's too small for the screen and is almost impossible to get positioned properly without the case on.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I just installed mine and I like it. The case looks kind of cheap but it will get the job done. I'm not happy with the screen protector though. It's too small for the screen and is almost impossible to get positioned properly without the case on.

I have a full screen glass protector...will that be compatible with it? It's not the iloome but rather one made by New Trent.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
It's about the same thickness as the tough armor. Very thin

Thank you. I'm not 100% thrilled with the otterbox case. Its a tad too thick for my pocket when I sit down and I have to open it once a week to clean dirt that gets under the screen protector. I just want a good case for drops, some water protection (I'm not swimming with it), as thin as possible, no dirt under the screen (I still don't get how the nuud is waterproof without a screen protector????) and a built in kickstand would be great but not a deal breaker.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Ordered mine yesterday and have yet to receive anything for shipment notification. How long did it take everyone else from order to shipment notification?

Thank you. I'm not 100% thrilled with the otterbox case. Its a tad too thick for my pocket when I sit down and I have to open it once a week to clean dirt that gets under the screen protector. I just want a good case for drops, some water protection (I'm not swimming with it), as thin as possible, no dirt under the screen (I still don't get how the nuud is waterproof without a screen protector????) and a built in kickstand would be great but not a deal breaker.

Their is a band (gasket) that goes around the edge that puts pressure on the glass creating a seal making it waterproof.

Releck97

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Case received and water tested. I've not tried a call with it yet, just playing some tunes. No distortion and volume is decent. Finger print recognition flawless so far. I'm going to have to remove my glass screen protector if I want it to be waterproof. O ring is definitely in conflict with the screen protector. I'll do this once I'm sure I'm keeping it. It will snap together with my glass screen protector in place, however.
I've been using the Redpepper for the last couple of months and it is, quite frankly, a very good waterproof case for $15.00. The build quality is very similar between the two. I think the Redpepper is a good alternative for those people who are looking for an occasional waterproof case. It does have some limitations. The plugs for the headphone jack and lightning port are a one piece rubber gasket held in with one tiny rubber plug that easily comes out and is a PITA to get back in. The frame prevents access to the alphabet when on the contact screen in phone mode. The nuud allows this access.
I find the nuud to be very similar to the version for the 5. I work on the water everyday during the warm months and need something that can handle getting wet without worries. I'm not a fan of the fre. I'm hoping I'll be happy with it.
So far, I'm leaning towards keeping it.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Ordered mine yesterday and have yet to receive anything for shipment notification. How long did it take everyone else from order to shipment notification?

Their is a band (gasket) that goes around the edge that puts pressure on the glass creating a seal making it waterproof.
6 hours for me, maybe a little longer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.