Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Hey guys,
I recently uploaded an audio book cd into itunes and I was just wondering how I made those files separate? It's kind of annoying to use the shuffle on my ipod and have the different chapters come up. Thanks!

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
MacVM said:
Hey guys,
I recently uploaded an audio book cd into itunes and I was just wondering how I made those files separate? It's kind of annoying to use the shuffle on my ipod and have the different chapters come up. Thanks!

Sorry, but I find the question confusing. Are you saying that they ARE separate files, and you're not sure how to UN-separate them, or that it is one big file and you're wondering how to separate them? I'm assuming the former...

First, you can just tell iTunes to mark the file as 'do not shuffle', by 'get info'ing in iTunes, going to the 'Options' tab, and choosing 'Skip when shuffling'. If you do that to all the tracks, then it just won't play those in shuffle mode, so you won't run into the problem of hearing an audiobook in the middle of your music.

Second, if you actually want it as one big file, the simplest way is to reimport the disc as one big file. You can do that when importing your disc: Select all the tracks, go to the 'Advanced' menu, and choose 'Join CD tracks'. That will make the selected tracks import as one big file instead of as separate tracks. It's good for both audiobooks and for 'concert' type discs where all the tracks run into each other anyway.

If you actually mean how to separate them, well.... No easy way to do that at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.