Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MilleDav01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
I recently sold a computer on Amazon. And the buyer has requested a refund because it wasn't like the description. Even though the computer was 100% accurate to the description. Is there anyway I can find out what the serial number is of my computer? Just in case they try to send me a different one back? I did register with Apple but don't know where to look or login.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Ouch, hope they didn't try to steal your parts and replace with junk.

I hope you have a video showing that it's in working condition, including news item that can date the video.
Warranty on shipping in case it was "damaged" in shipping.

joshlalonde

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2014
Canada
I recently sold a computer on Amazon. And the buyer has requested a refund because it wasn't like the description. Even though the computer was 100% accurate to the description. Is there anyway I can find out what the serial number is of my computer? Just in case they try to send me a different one back? I did register with Apple but don't know where to look or login.

Can we see the Amazon listing, kindly?
Or at least what was the condition of the computer?

MilleDav01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
The condition of the item was nearly brand-new. She is sending it back and I will check and make sure everything is in working order.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
Why would you let them send it back if you sold what you had described and they are claiming otherwise?

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
Was wondering the same thing.. You never know if purchaser opened it up and or damaged it in someway. What if she spilled a glass of water over the keyboard etc... I would certainly think twice about taking it back and refunding the money. How long did she have it? If you described it accurately and were honest about its condition, I would really think twice about allowing her to return it. You really never know what your going to get back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.